Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    AP007
    After the Work Programme
    • 22nd Jul 13, 8:08 PM
    After the Work Programme 22nd Jul 13 at 8:08 PM
    So, secondary to the WP thread here there are a few who have now finished and have had their meetings at the JC.

What have they now put in place for you and how often are you going to the JC etc?

What 'support' have they offered you?

My meeting tomorrow is about support so would like to know what they have told you all here
    Last edited by AP007; 22-07-2013 at 9:15 PM.
    Weve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if youre unsure why its been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 4
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 29th Jul 13, 3:56 PM
    • 29,361 Posts
    • 16,338 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    didnt know this thread existed. so i've just copied from the wp thread what i posted there.
    had first post wp appointment today. was seen 15 minutes late. they put a load of extra requirements on the jsa agreement. they added them up to 37 per week but i have looked at it at home and they missed another 4 so its 41 per week. this doesnt include any jobs i find to apply for either. they dont stipulate how many jobs i must apply for except in the part where they say a minimum of 3 specs must be done per week.
    i must write to 3 employers per week.
    phone at least 4 employers per week.
    check ujm 7 times per week.
    ask family.
    look in papers.
    visit 3 sites everyday.
    contact 4 agencies per week.

they seemed friendly enough and i was told not to expect my next appointment until september.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 29th Jul 13, 4:01 PM
    • 29,361 Posts
    • 16,338 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    But anyway getting back to the thread I have had no exit interview and have no idea at all what the WP wrote about me other than the lies saying I missed 8 appointments!

I am expecting a call from the JC on Wednesday so will ask her again for a copy but this wont tell me the date I was supposed to have missed and the WP wont tell me.
    Originally posted by AP007
    i can understand your annoyance that they are witholding info and lying but unless you suffer some negative consequence i wouldnt worry too much about it.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 29th Jul 13, 4:06 PM
    • 29,361 Posts
    • 16,338 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    forgot a couple of things. adviser said i should set my cv on ujm to public so employers can find me. not a good idea i think due to identity theft. they also said they will soon be able to send us messages through the site. i think they are assuming i have allowed access.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 29th Jul 13, 4:09 PM
    • 29,361 Posts
    • 16,338 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    On the back of a jobseekers agreement there is a box to tick for this, allowing JCP to contact employers for feedback,
    Originally posted by busy mom
    not on mine there isnt. there is a box for me to agree to contact employers for feedback but not one allowing the jobcentre to contact them.
  • AP007
    i can understand your annoyance that they are witholding info and lying but unless you suffer some negative consequence i wouldnt worry too much about it.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    It allows the JCP to believe what they have said about me and its 100% not true!
    Weve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if youre unsure why its been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 29th Jul 13, 4:27 PM
    • 29,361 Posts
    • 16,338 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    It allows the JCP to believe what they have said about me and its 100% not true!
    i know and i agree its annoying but like i said unless you suffer a negative consequence dont worry too much.
  • AP007
    i know and i agree its annoying but like i said unless you suffer a negative consequence dont worry too much.
    I am taking it as far as I can as I told them when they lied before and reported me for not attending appointments that never existed not to mess with me and they admitted these appointments never even were appointments. They have had plenty of warning!

Now I feel they have sent this list along with one that was cancelled by text and one where I was sent home making the list theysay I never attended.

If they don't want to get people into trouble why are they telling lies? There is no need and they have not heard the last from me.

I have asked the JCP in writing to request a list of the dates.
    Last edited by AP007; 29-07-2013 at 4:42 PM.
    • Jerry Mander
    • By Jerry Mander 29th Jul 13, 5:12 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    Jerry Mander
    AP007, if you want your report refer the WP provider to this:

"Copy of Exit Report for Participant

There is one small policy change in respect of giving the participant a copy of their Exit Report. Current guidance states all participants must receive a copy of the report but some of you pointed out this would mean potentially a lot of sensitive information going out by post.
    To minimise the risk of their Exit Report not being received or received at the wrong address. Participants should be provided with a copy of the Exit Report where you are in face to face contact with the participant or let participants know by post that they are entitled toa copy of the Exit Report on request and make arrangements for the report to be collected or posted. Before posting ensure the participant is aware of the risks of sending personal information via post."

• AP007
    AP007, if you want your report refer the WP provider to this:

"Copy of Exit Report for Participant

There is one small policy change in respect of giving the participant a copy of their Exit Report. Current guidance states all participants must receive a copy of the report but some of you pointed out this would mean potentially a lot of sensitive information going out by post.
    To minimise the risk of their Exit Report not being received or received at the wrong address. Participants should be provided with a copy of the Exit Report where you are in face to face contact with the participant or let participants know by post that they are entitled toa copy of the Exit Report on request and make arrangements for the report to be collected or posted. Before posting ensure the participant is aware of the risks of sending personal information via post."

Originally posted by Jerry Mander
    Well done!!

The WP have told me 3 times I am not entitled to see it and they only have to get a copy to the JC and if I want to see it I have to request it from the JC and they in turn request more info from the WP

This then reads as they are lying as there are people on here too who have copies of theirs so maybe my provider thinks there is a separate rule for them!!

I have sent the provider the link and noted page 2 for them to read and suggested maybe they didn't get the memo or they think it don't apply to them!

thanks!
  • cazcl
    Finished Work Programme
    I finished the two year work programme in June.
    Now I sign on one week and see my advisor the following week.
    I am doing all that is required of me and she seems happy with that.
    It was mentioned at my second meeting with her that I would have to do some form of voluntary work, anythig from 2-8 weeks - OK for me. She said that I could find my own - even better.
    A local charity shop offered me (ongoing) two days per week but to check with JC first.
    Today I mentioned this and was told that that would be OK but when they decide to send me to one of their "listed" shops I would have to do that for 2-8 weeks! I've found 2 days a week all year round but that's not good enough, can anyone fathom this out because I can't. Rules is rules!!
    Not much chance of me finding a job - I am 60.
    • Jerry Mander
    • By Jerry Mander 29th Jul 13, 6:32 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    Jerry Mander
    I would have to do some form of voluntary work, anythig from 2-8 weeks
    Originally posted by cazcl
    The clue is in the title cazcl! Voluntary means just that. If you don't want to do it you don't have to.

What you're describing sounds more like Mandatory Work Activity (MWA) where they tell you where you work and for how long.
  • Chester666666
    Too often jcp is about ticking boxes, it doesn't allow for you having voluntary work already for example
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 29th Jul 13, 8:18 PM
    • 29,361 Posts
    • 16,338 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    if the idiots think i'm going to run up the phone bill phoning places up just so they can say sorry no vacancies or send us a cv they can think again.
  • AP007
    Some interesting reads here

http://unemploymentmovement.com/forum/welfare-to-work/5910-final-exit-review

http://unemploymentmovement.com/forum/welfare-to-work/6216-exit-report-the-dwp-want-from-providers-on-unemployed

I can not see where my WP provider get off telling me I can not have a copy.
    • Jerry Mander
    • By Jerry Mander 29th Jul 13, 9:07 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    Jerry Mander
    I can not see where my WP provider get off telling me I can not have a copy.
    They can't, but through sheer ignorance, or by design, many will try it on. This is why having the actual DWP gospel helps!
  • AP007
    They can't, but through sheer ignorance, or by design, many will try it on. This is why having the actual DWP gospel helps!
    Originally posted by Jerry Mander
    oh but they have, 3 times now

'In regards to your request JCP have received the exit report as required by the agreement in place. This report is a summary of your time on the Work Programme and any conversation or queries regarding this should be directed to your JCP office as you have now completed your time with the Work Programme'

& 'As **** advised the report belongs to JCP as the data holder, you need to request this report through them not ******'

&

' all requests for data from your time on the worn programme must be obtained via JCP, either through the medium of the exit report or via a request from JCP'

worn means WORK there but he made a mistake! LOL
    • Jerry Mander
    • By Jerry Mander 29th Jul 13, 9:45 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    Jerry Mander
    On the back of a jobseekers agreement there is a box to tick for this, allowing JCP to contact employers for feedback, in my district it is also standard to ask customers to sign an additional consent to share information to support them into work. Limited information is shared ie Mr Small from Smallvill, sent C.V. for said job betwen ...date and ...date.

If vacancies are signed to UJ then this consent is also signed by the employer.
    Originally posted by busy mom
    Yes, and you do understand why it is a tick box don't you? If you don't I will tell you, it's because it is not mandatory, it is optional.

And while "in my district it is also standard to ask customers to sign an additional consent to share information" again, it is optional, not mandatory, which is why you have to request it.

Too many advisers knowing too little and demanding too much!
    • john539
    • By john539 30th Jul 13, 2:23 AM
    • 15,464 Posts
    • 10,996 Thanks
    john539
    I finished the two year work programme in June.
    Now I sign on one week and see my advisor the following week.
    I am doing all that is required of me and she seems happy with that.
    It was mentioned at my second meeting with her that I would have to do some form of voluntary work, anythig from 2-8 weeks - OK for me. She said that I could find my own - even better.
    A local charity shop offered me (ongoing) two days per week but to check with JC first.
    Today I mentioned this and was told that that would be OK but when they decide to send me to one of their "listed" shops I would have to do that for 2-8 weeks! I've found 2 days a week all year round but that's not good enough, can anyone fathom this out because I can't. Rules is rules!!
    Not much chance of me finding a job - I am 60.
    Originally posted by cazcl
    If you find your own voluntary work, they can't mandate you to their MWA (Mandatory Work Activity) version of "voluntary work" at these JC listed shops.
    • john539
    • By john539 30th Jul 13, 2:29 AM
    • 15,464 Posts
    • 10,996 Thanks
    john539
    if the idiots think i'm going to run up the phone bill phoning places up just so they can say sorry no vacancies or send us a cv they can think again.
    But it creates junk "activity" these idiots want.
    • Adamthegreat984
    • By Adamthegreat984 30th Jul 13, 2:07 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Adamthegreat984
    I currently do 2 days voluntry a week in an office and have been doing so for 12 months.

Have to do a 5 day course soon, cant wait !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,555Posts Today

7,408Users online

Martin's Twitter