Barclaycard AP removal [successful]

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    I've received a standard letter from Capital One acknowledging my complaint but due to high levels of them it could take up to four weeks to reply.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • 20aday
    Hmmmm.... I've just had my credit report from Noddle this morning and it's now showing my HSBC account as being reopened? I've raised an online dispute because it should've been erased my file, surely?
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    20aday wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... I've just had my credit report from Noddle this morning and it's now showing my HSBC account as being reopened? I've raised an online dispute because it should've been erased my file, surely?

When was it last updated?

Have the APs been removed? What's the status?
    :beer:
  • SRT81
    SRT81 Posts: 72 Forumite
    I checked my Noddle account quickly this morning, and as promised, the Barclaycard marker has vanished.

Obviously I'm still paying this back, but it's good to have one less red flag to my name.
  • 20aday
    When was it last updated?

Have the APs been removed? What's the status?

Yes, the markers have been removed, which I'm happy with... Was last updated on 28/02/2014 but rather than "Settled" it's showing as an open credit card with a £1,000 limit.

Thanks!
  • kirstle99
    kirstle99 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    20aDay I have had the same thing happen with my old student Barclaycard account! It's now gone from closed to open but with all the markers removed, I have asked 5 times for them to close this account since I settled it in 2012, i'm getting annoyed with them now, i'm going to have to write them yet another letter :(
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    20aday wrote: »
    Yes, the markers have been removed, which I'm happy with... Was last updated on 28/02/2014 but rather than "Settled" it's showing as an open credit card with a £1,000 limit.

Thanks!

Odd.

Best get the printer warmed up and tell them to sort it :)
    :beer:
  • 20aday
    kirstle99 wrote: »
    20aDay I have had the same thing happen with my old student Barclaycard account! It's now gone from closed to open but with all the markers removed, I have asked 5 times for them to close this account since I settled it in 2012, i'm getting annoyed with them now, i'm going to have to write them yet another letter :(

Really? That's flamin' disgusting is that :mad:.

Have you made a formal complaint to the Ombudsman? I would!
  • 20aday
    edited 17 April 2014 at 10:10PM
    Odd.

Best get the printer warmed up and tell them to sort it :)

Very odd. I'm in the process of ordering my Statutory Credit Report from Experian and Equifax to see what they come back with on theirs.

There was no mention in HSBC's letter that they'd reopen the account to clear the AP markers!

This is what appears on my Noddle report...

ajs280.jpg

Interestingly enough my Stat. report from Equifax has shown my AP markers have been removed from there; and that the account hasn't been reopened and the date satisfied is still the same (2008.)

al54k2.jpg
  • JJozzy
    JJozzy Posts: 5 Forumite
    hi I just wanted to say thanks to GAZ (?) whose letter is at the beginning of this thread. I was in the same situation with BC and AP markers. I adapted the letter you posted on here, emailed it over and they have agreed to remove the file from my credit record! I am extremely happy, so thanks! Equifax removed it straight away, waiting for the other 2 to follow suit. Not sure how long they will take though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure