Recognition of stations is great
    ..(/(/
    =(';')= Stripper No.28
    .(")(") myfitnesspal: 38lbs lost!! :):)
  • Gorgeestwo
    Gorgeestwo Posts: 537
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just tried on the iphone, looks good :) did the split for Swansea to Manchester. Like others have said, it'll be good for advanced fares and returns.
  • katthehat
    katthehat Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Seems to work fine, great idea much needed!
    Kat :money:
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    I tried this. I don't use the train much, so was just messing about. The first example I found was this:

Cardiff to Leeds: £105.70

Or, if split, it is £69.10.

A saving of £37.40 for just purchasing two tickets instead of one, but staying on the same train. It all seems a bit too good to be true! I think that now this app has been released, this little loophole will be closed.

Be great if it wasn't, but thats my thoughts on it anyway.

Fantastic app though!
  • badgeraudio
    badgeraudio Posts: 81
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It would be good if you can use the standard railway station short codes.
    IE:
    LON :- London
    LEI :- Leicester
    SWS:- South wigston
    etc
    http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/codes/
  • kenyan
    kenyan Posts: 41
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just to let you know for some I reason I couldn't find the app on the Apple store. Tried to search for 'Tickety Split' and 'MoneySavingExpert.com' on both my iPhone and iPad but couldn't find it.

Might have something to do with my account as my colleague was able to search for it.

Managed to download after my colleague emailed me a recommendation of the app and I checked the email on my iPhone.
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Lifes_Grand_Plan Posts: 1,083
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    A bit saddened that an Android app has taken back seat to an iPhone app.... especially on a money saving site, and with Android THE most popular opperating system for mobile phones... doesn't make sense to me.

Great tool though.
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sharpy2010 wrote: »
    I think that now this app has been released, this little loophole will be closed.

It isn't a loophole - it's an inevitable consequence of the way fares are set and regulated, or not regulated as the case may be.

Given that the government's thoughts for 'simplification' include an extra type of super-on-peak fare I'm not sure that much will be done about it.....
  • sharpy2010
    sharpy2010 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    dzug1 wrote: »
    It isn't a loophole - it's an inevitable consequence of the way fares are set and regulated, or not regulated as the case may be.

Given that the government's thoughts for 'simplification' include an extra type of super-on-peak fare I'm not sure that much will be done about it.....

Would be good if things stay as they are :-)
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Warning to anyone using this. It doesn't compare like-for-like tickets and doesn't inform you about restrictions. Board the wrong train that your ticket isn't valid for and it will cost you substantially more than the direct ticket.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills