Tax free childcare help!

Hi, new to all this, found out im entitled to tax free childcare (after a year of trying to pay it all my self)
I'm a little confused though. I paid my bill via the gov website £376... I got £95 paid in by govement does this mean the nursery will get paid £470? Should i have worked out what i needed to pay in so that the govement pay in would add up to my total bill or will the £95 drop in to the account? It says atm "Paid in by you 376 Paid in by government 94 Total balance 470 Available funds 470" seems abit daft if I have to work out every month what i need to put in to make sure what the government puts in adds up to what i need.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• It is all very confusing, but if your bill was £470 each month, you'd either transfer £376 each month (or set up a standing order from your bank to do it for you on an ongoing basis), then HMRC top it up by the £95 and you then make a payment (which you can them automate to go out monthly) to the nursery for £470 from that same account. So they get the total that they need, but you only pay the net in. Does that make sense? You need the nursery's reference to do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure