Plevin payouts

Hi,

I have just heard back from one of many PPI complaints that I have logged against various Credit Card companies.

Egg refused my claim, but paid back £1,200+ under the Plevin ruling.

In your experience is this a common outcome ?

As I have many claims outstanding I am wondering if this will be a common theme!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Yet another thread?
    You already posted about this earlier today:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74734081
  • ^^^^
    Ha! You need to loosen up a bit!
  • Please don't post multiple duplicate threads. This is now your sixth.
  • Spurs501 wrote: »
    ^^^^
    Ha! You need to loosen up a bit!
    ...and you need to read the rules you agreed to abide by when you signed up to MSE. Multiple threads on the same theme is a no no.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Remember that the sections get replies mostly from regular posters. So, you only need to ask once. That is standard Netiquette.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Sorry guys - point taken.

Just excited to get my first ‘pay out’ - not that I have received the cheque yet!

I am hoping they do send within the 20 days they specified.
  • can anyone recommend a good PPI claim company. I went through the resolver in MSE and Nationwide agreed that they had missold PPI to me. but then the FSO agreed that they did not have to pay me. I have had lots of account over with many financial institutions over the years and want a quick company, and don't mind paying a small fee
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jjj1 wrote: »
    can anyone recommend a good PPI claim company. I went through the resolver in MSE and Nationwide agreed that they had missold PPI to me. but then the FSO agreed that they did not have to pay me. I have had lots of account over with many financial institutions over the years and want a quick company, and don't mind paying a small fee

The firms all use the exact same complaint process you used, they do not have any special powers and may harm your complaint with their usual mistakes and lies. If the FOS confirmed that the firm had correctly used a refund against an unpaid debt for example then using a claims firm would not only have got the same result but would have charged you the fee as well meaning you had to pay them despite getting no money. If your money was offset from unpaid debts or if you have been in an IVA or are bankrupt then never use a firm.

None charge a small fee, 25% plus 20% VAT is probably the least you'd pay and most will charge 30-40% plus VAT
  • jjj1 wrote: »
    can anyone recommend a good PPI claim company.
    Already fully answered on your duplicate thread.
  • First post here, but having idly filled out the resolver form here a couple of weeks ago for an Egg card that had been rejected by Barclaycard in 2013 I was pleasantly surprised to receive firstly an acknowledgement letter and then, today, a cheque for £7500! I honestly didn't think I had a hope in hell of getting anything out of them, and certainly not this much. Interestingly the amount they refunded was only £3k, but the compensation and interest £4.5k. What a great tool the resolver is, and thanks so much to MSE for the help. No claims management company to take a big chunk of it either!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure