Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Sky are one of the easiest companies to haggle with. We had an introductory deal at 50% off for the first year for everything.

When renewing we said we couldn't afford it at the full price after 20 mins of back and forth they said we could keep the same package for everything but managed to get further discount on the HD channels. So it works out about £5 cheaper than at 50% off every month.
  • mikeizz
    mikeizz Posts: 60 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Got 60% off and £100 credit on tv box set bundle a year ago

Went on this morning to cancel they offered me 60% off again but no credit so told them to cancel it.

Now planning on going on live chat once a day until i get the £100 credit.

Will post back with how i get on!
  • bmas
    bmas Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    @mikeizz - I am in the same boat as you are. The waiting game is on.
  • mikeizz
    mikeizz Posts: 60 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bmas wrote: »
    @mikeizz - I am in the same boat as you are. The waiting game is on.

Good luck to, got a feeling it is going to be harder than previous years!
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    sajidb wrote: »
    offered the deal below:
    box sets £19
    sky cinema £4.25
    sky sports complete pack £13.75
    sky sports hd pack £3
    sky go extra free

total £40

Interesting!

I was only interested in Sports and had a 60% offer by post. I also wanted Sports in HD but they would not budge on the £6 fee.Quite a few people here have not had much success getting HD reduced or for free. Perhaps asking for a different package first might have produced a better result. If they had offered sky go extra for free I would have taken it!
  • mikeizz wrote: »

Went on this morning to cancel they offered me 60% off again but no credit so told them to cancel it.

Who did you contact to get the 60% off, I can't get through on the live chat?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    I had the 60% offer one day and the next day only 40% it changes I suppose on call handler perhaps
    BT definitely have an offer change day, as my daughter-in-law who worked for them, told me what day it was.

Someone at Sky also said the same, but I think each CS person has a quota, as when they made a mistake with my order a manager had to find someone who still had the offer left.

Staff probably get an incentive for retaining customers for as small a discount as possible.

Last year when a number of us were posting our progress the offers changed for all of us as 50% off for 10 months, then an email offering 12 months , followed by two offering 60% but only if taken up within a few days. Then the offer dropped to 50% and stayed like that until after switch off, when someone reported a special leavers' deal on My Sky (75%).
  • teddysmum
    MaxPerwer wrote: »
    Sky are one of the easiest companies to haggle with. We had an introductory deal at 50% off for the first year for everything.

When renewing we said we couldn't afford it at the full price after 20 mins of back and forth they said we could keep the same package for everything but managed to get further discount on the HD channels. So it works out about £5 cheaper than at 50% off every month.

They are not always easy. Near the end of last year, just before the combined prices sneaky rise, they were very mean with phone/broadband deals.

No pestering after a transfer was booked, but you could still cancel and stay.
  • teddysmum
    mikeizz wrote: »

75% off the same package, plus £100 credit, here and I won't be accepting 75% alone, as that £100 did a lot to reduce costs (just started paying).

If the offer is not good(don't think it will be as good) I'll leave and mean to stay away, as it was only the offer that lured me back this time.

I was thinking of returning for phone and ADSL, but online there is no ADSL offer for current (TV)customers, which I will be until November, so I'll have tosee how much they want me back.
  • johnwb89
    johnwb89 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm currently paying £26 a month for Sky Bundle, Broadband & Sports Pack. Best offer so far has been a naff 40% off via live chat. Not sure how to ramp this up. My Sky deactivates in a week or 2!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback