Santander Credit Card - not accepting transfers from other credit cards

I have a new Santander 0% credit card and have been unsuccessfully trying to transfer balances from two other credit cards.

One of the other cards is an Amex card (now learnt about its 15 digit card number issues and needing a sort code and account number directly from Amex) and the other is an Amazon MasterCard.

Santander seem to use a system to check that the details of the Santander card match those of the external credit card (seems sensible). However, all my details are the same on all the cards (I've checked with all the other credit cards) and so it is odd that this is failing.

It also puts a marker on my credit card file (with Call Credit via Noodle) which I hope is a soft search as I now have about a dozen of them over the past week which each failed attempt ("Santander Uk Plc (Sr Ct Batch Cval Tar Ar) Santander Card Check Ml, Anti-Money Laundering").

From searching online, I've not been able to find anyone else with the same issue so this may be isolated however thought I'd reach out to see if anyone else has and found a solution?

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,289
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Munch Bunch and welcome to the forum :)

Have you tried phoning Santander to tell them about the problems you are having? They should be able to do the transfers over the phone...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Thanks Willing2Learn - and glad to be here.

Each of the balance transfers that were attempted and failed was done over the phone by calling Santander. The response was the same on each occasion "Unfortunately we are unable to process your request as your Santander details and the external card don't match". They were unable to confirm what details didn't match as they didn't know. I suspect that it's something to do with Santander as both external cards failed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure