Business post to garage instead of house

Options
13»

Comments

• aife
    aife Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think a lot of people running kitchen table type businesses are wary about giving out their home address - you don't necessarily want people turning up at your home.
    Don't really understand the issue with the mail thoiugh
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    aife wrote: »
    Don't really understand the issue with the mail thoiugh
    I can: it sounds as if the OP goes out to work, then comes home and deals with 'the business'. He wants to be able to do that before entering his house. If he enters the house to collect the post, all sorts of other things will immediately claim his attention, and it may be up to an hour before he can escape to the garage. At which point his partner will be fed up because she thought he was 'home'.

However, I'd say that would be solved if partner was willing to walk the post through to the garage. But that assumes the OP doesn't mind her going into the garage when he's not there ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Put a letter box in the internal door, get wife to sort mail & put it through internal letter box.
  • Kpros
    Kpros Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks savvysue...somebody finally understood!

Bazzy - as I work with/represent a number of businesses who use PO Box I can assure you that it is not always for a specific purpose but I do understand your point.

All (sensible) replies considered I will just have the post going through my normal house and I thank everybody who offered me some kind of positive/constructive/supportive view or response. I am still baffled at some peoples attitudes on here though. I don't really see the point in replying if you're going to be an idiot.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kpros wrote: »
    Prior to making the internal modifications my builder confirmed that I did not need permission and there was no requirement for me to notify anybody.

Sadly, 'the builder' doesn't have to comply with the rules, that's your job! :)

He may have been correct, or he may have been saying that to get on with the job - who knows?
  • Kpros
    Kpros Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    J_B wrote: »
    Sadly, 'the builder' doesn't have to comply with the rules, that's your job! :)

He may have been correct, or he may have been saying that to get on with the job - who knows?

Haha, agreed! Luckily I did my due diligence. I checked the planning portal and he had done hundreds of these types of jobs prior to mine so I felt very comfortable!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure