Fantastic tradition for little ones

Comments

• i have just found this thred and now i'm sooooo excited, spent the last hour looking for an elf pattern and all i could find was this one http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/kids_crafts/the_elfs_gift_3.phpbut it seems a little time consuming and i really want the little elf to arrive soon. may have to have a search through all the piles of teddies and stuff will put it on my to do list for tommorrow
    xxxx
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • fletty
    fletty Posts: 731 Forumite
    i have just found this thred and now i'm sooooo excited, spent the last hour looking for an elf pattern and all i could find was this one http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts/kids_crafts/the_elfs_gift_3.phpbut it seems a little time consuming and i really want the little elf to arrive soon. may have to have a search through all the piles of teddies and stuff will put it on my to do list for tommorrow
    xxxx

Hi maria and the imps - I was in pets at home yesterday and they had a really cute hat with elf ears attached that would go great on a cuddley toy to make your elf, I've looked on their site but can't find it.
    HTH

Yummy mummy amy - your stuff looks great we've made our own rules and put them in the front of the journal. Peppermint is allready in his travelling bag (half a xmas stocking) with his matching bag (toe of the stocking). We watched The polar express tonight and had to explain our elf was a special elf from the bear makers section as they were expecting Peppermint to look like the elfs on the film!!!
    Can't wait till tomorrow :D:D
    :beer:
  • disney store have loads of characters dressed as elfs from about £7. my 2 know nothing, apart from 3yr old asked for an elf in his letter to santa. eldest wants a reindeer. 1 will be arriving b4 xmas 4 a few days. :)

can you not buy some red/green felt and make a t-shirt shape and then glue triangles around the neck and bottom?
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • ambernora
    ambernora Posts: 305 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well I have 2 excited DD's today. The elves arrived with a book of photo's from last year. My 5yr old has been flicking through it all morning laughing about what the elves got up to last year. It has been a struggle getting them to leave the elves alone to get ready for school.
  • my eldest was upset that we only had 1 elf, but he had said if we got an elf he would beat it up. both are really happy and told the kids in playground. whilst they were at playschool/school this morning bertie put the xmas tree up and managed 2 fall - hes hanging upside down in branches! lol!

the thing that has amazed 3yr old is that he has used my camera on a tripod, which he didnt no we had!
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • fletty
    My kids were really excited they flew down stars this morning, peppermnt had left a note in his journal telling them he'd left a surprise in their wardrobe (advent calenders) you thnk they'd won the lottery. Think i may be linched by the other mums when i go and pick up ds as her nan said that's all she talked about on the way to school!
    We'll see what happens when she comes in.
  • Think i may be linched by the other mums when i go and pick up ds as her nan said that's all she talked about on the way to school!

LOL! i maybe as well, he told all school friends at playtime, so i dred to think of the questions i'm going to get tomorrow!

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • aww this is a lovely idea. I saw an elf outfit for a teddy in 'build a bear' shop. It even says santa's helper on it! I think it was about £8
    Virgin CC=£2652, Next= [STRIKE]£102.88,[/STRIKE] Very=£475.60, Natwest=£800, Sainsburys CC=£1777.02, Lloyds CC=£498.29, Lloyds Loan= £13,946.18, Car=£4000Total = [STRIKE]£26,147.23[/STRIKE] £23,849.09:eek:
  • HAVE A LOOK ON THIS LINK http://www.elf-magic.com/ THERE ARE SOME GREAT IDEAS ESPECIALLY THE ELFCAPADES SECTION. LAST NIGHT OUR ELVES DECORATED THE KIDS ROOMS AND MADE THEM LOOK LIKE A WINTER WONDERLAND,MY 10 YEAR OLD HELPED ME MAKE SNOWFLAKES WHICH WE HUNG FROM THE CEILINGS, WE PUT UP FAIRY LIGHTS ,SMALL TREES,AND PUT OUT CUDDLY CHRISTMAS BEARS AND LOTS OF TINSEL.THEY BOTH LOVED IT THIS MORNING WHEN THEY GOT UP TO THIS AND NOW BELIEVE THE ELVES ARE REALLY MAGIC,AND CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY GET UP TO TONIGHT.
  • fletty
    This morning we couldn't find peppermnt anywhere untill we made breakfast and found him in the fridge!!! he had new hats' gloves and scarfs because it was so cold and snowing outside (perfect timing could he be real?) and he'd also left some glitter drawing's for them to do when they come in from school.
    p.s. all the mothers in the school yard offically hate me!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport