Has Panelbase.net been hacked.

As the title says.
In the last 15 mins i have have 254 emails from them addressed to my email address but not my first name and the survey number W12234? in the header.
I am using a Outlook email address.
Is this a data breech or something else.
My pc seems fine and i have done AV scans and Malware scans and they are ok.

Comments

• topaz13
    topaz13 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I had 619 emails to the same survey - W12234. It looks like somebody has clicked CC instead of BCC and ticked the send a copy to all box. I guess it's a genuine mistake.
    618 other people now know my name and email address! I have let them know what has happened.
  • panelbase_company_representative
    panelbase_company_representative Posts: 17 Organisation Representative
    At 4.15pm today we became aware of an issue pertaining to invitations sent for survey W12234. The invitations affected were sent between 3.45pm and 3.50pm only. We have sent a separate email to all those members who were affected explaining the problem.

We would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this technical issue, which resulted from the testing of a new in-house email sending mechanism. Whilst this issue is of course regrettable, we would like to reassure you that Panelbase takes data privacy seriously and that we work to strict standards designed to ensure data security and privacy.

At no time have our systems been compromised by external parties and no systems or accounts have been hacked - this was an internal error which we have identified and corrected swiftly.

Although this error has occurred before the General Data Protection Regulation comes into force, we are self-reporting the incident to the Information Commissioner’s Office as we believe it is best practice to do so. We will be sending them the details on Thursday May 24th.

If you have any concerns or would like any additional information please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Panelbase directly.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Panelbase. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I did get an email from Panelbase explaining what they think happened and my personel data was/has not been affected by this b***s up.
    We will have to see what the future holds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure