Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Thank you small. It was still pretty hard work as I was on a thoroughfare between 2 areas and some people didn't even glance my way!

Anyhow, I have used my lovely stitch ripper to open out the dress - the one for bunnies for my school - so that was nice and satisfying. My stash of ribbon has revealed no grey. And thr yellow is not really the right shade. So I may have to go ribbon hunting - and soon, if I'm to get them done!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Dh and dd have gone to church/kids klub and I have stayed home poorly. I reckon this 4-day-work-week malarkey is to blame. I know many would absolutely love to only do 4 days, but it is too much for me, at the mo. So I need to find ways to make it easier.

Today I have had a super long, hot bath, washed 2 loads and swept the floors. Now I am sitting in bed thinking about having a sleep! I shall go and ponder the idea, under the duvet...
  • apple_muncher
    I found some thin grey ribbon yesterday - made me so happy! Not a huge amount: just 2 of the strips of ribbon inside clothes to hold them onto the hanger. I removed them from the items they were attached to and have cut out all the bits for 2 prototype boy bunnies. So all 4 bunnies are cut out, and ready for stitching.

Having generously shared al her germs, ddseemed to be on the mend. Then the cough came. Poor mite is due to go swimming today, so we'll see what the next hour holds before making a decision.

Dh has informed me that the milk is totally off. Bought 2x 4 pints from the c00p on thurs, best before date was today. Certainly was! What a waste. Will have to ask lovely neighbour to give dd some...

A wet and windy day ahead - thr thought of 2 wet breaks is not a cheery one! Must double check the time for the parents eve later this week...

Off to wake dd - she's stopped coughing now...
  • apple_muncher
    We all seem to have got through the day quite happily! A mellow day. Stopped off and bought milk (and 2x long-life cartons), and some chocs that contain no gluten (yay!) and giant prawns (yum!)

Dinner is cooking, dd is a dancing star in her school nativity and I'm off to shuffly some money around.
  • apple_muncher
    Money shuffles seem to imply that we may dip into the 39s by the end of the year... :D
  • Money shuffles seem to imply that we may dip into the 39s by the end of the year... :D

Good news :j
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • apple_muncher
    Thank you! Not going to be able to pay it off in 2016 like you, though - go for it!
  • December's numbers are done.

31000 steps
    310 minutes of exercise
    25 days grain free
    25 days sugar free
    10 days at work (and therefore 21 not at work)
    Usual giving
    Usual budgets
    Remove 80
    Lose 8

We'll see how it goes...
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just been catching up. Hope the apple house is in better health now? Love your December list and the amount of days not at work.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Morning Apple, hope you're feeling much better today. You've all gone through the mill re health. Hopefully this means December will be germ free :)

Take care, Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills