100 best free games

Comments

• What no Oolite
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    How did Trackmania Nations Forever not make it?!
    http://trackmaniaforever.com/

Great list though (once you get past all those modern first-person shooters)...
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 June 2013 at 8:50AM
    Do NOT send me links to Lemmings... do NOT send me links to Lemmings...

The hours and hours of my life I lost to those suicidal green haired creatures, and the Christmas Santa hatted ones...

Oh god and freeware versions of Colonisation - played the living daylights out of that game! And Age of Empires (spotting an ongoing theme here?)

On the subject of old games - I really want to see a remake/update of 7th Guest (I know it's floating around on iOS but I don't have an iPhone/Pad) - it's the sort of thing I think would slot in really well on something like the DS alongside all the Professor Layton type genre.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    BF 1942 offer has expired :(
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry if a beginners question!

Are any of these solely online games with no download needed? Is there such a thing!
  • takesides
    takesides Posts: 5 Forumite
    If you liked Transport Tycoon back in the 90's (which I did) then you'll be pleased to hear that there is a reverse-engeineered open source version available called Open TTD. MSE won't let me post links but just do a search for "openttd"

There's even ongoing development to improve the game and it now has internet multiplayer as a new feature!
  • clemmatis
    clemmatis Posts: 3,168 Forumite
    Sorry if a beginners question!

Are any of these solely online games with no download needed? Is there such a thing!

Such things do exist. They're called browser games. ISTR there are some on that list, you could also google free mmo browser games (or simply browser games).
  • senileturtle
    senileturtle Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Bejeweled and variations of it are imo one of the best free pc games out there. Had myself and others in my family hooked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure