Let's do this!

Comments

• Definitely! Their argument is that if the building can open, the conference must go ahead. I can see that side of things BUT you can't have a conference without speakers!!! I have arranged so many conferences myself, so this behaviour really annoys me. They are thinking about money and nothing else.

I hope your car holds out when the blizzard comes!
    Emergency Fund: £300.01/£1000 (30%) March NST: 2/18 NSDs
    Tesco Loan: £3,877/£5000 Barclaycard: £3149.99/£3169.79
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Definitely! Their argument is that if the building can open, the conference must go ahead. I can see that side of things BUT you can't have a conference without speakers!!! I have arranged so many conferences myself, so this behaviour really annoys me. They are thinking about money and nothing else.

I hope your car holds out when the blizzard comes!

Ha, thanks! It seems okay so far!
  • Lilith1980
    Hope people are managing to stay safe in this snow. I had a slow journey home this evening.

I'm in a bit of a mood as my Natwest bank switch has gone a bit wrong. They've set my standing order up for my rent to start from end of March rather than end of February. My banking won't let me pay over £250 online or over the phone as this needs setting up :mad:

I've text my landlord to explain and apologise and that I'll have to transfer the amount to him in two separate payments. He's not replied yet, but I hope he's understanding. We've lived here for nearly 5 years and it's the first hiccup. Just annoys me when things go a bit awry and you're left sorting it out.

Had a lovely dinner tonight courtesy of the slow cooker. It was a beef and apricot stew. Good old comfort food on this freezing evening. Take care all :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Boo to the bank.
    Sure landlord will be ok.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    beanielou wrote: »
    Boo to the bank.
    Sure landlord will be ok.

Thanks Beanie, yes he's just text me back and he's fine. Phew!
  • beanielou
    Lilith1980 wrote: »
    Thanks Beanie, yes he's just text me back and he's fine. Phew!

Good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Lilith, you can claim compensation for the transfer going wrong as long as you can prove what you originally told them (I.e. dates of direct debits). You can raise it in branch, be polite and usually as a gesture of goodwill it's £30-50. Not a lot but something towards your debt.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Lilith1980
    Uniscots97 wrote: »
    Lilith, you can claim compensation for the transfer going wrong as long as you can prove what you originally told them (I.e. dates of direct debits). You can raise it in branch, be polite and usually as a gesture of goodwill it's £30-50. Not a lot but something towards your debt.

Thanks Uniscots, well it was a standing order which came out at the end of each month so I would thought it would have shown the next payment as end of February. I'll see about going into the branch but it might have to wait until next weekend given the weather here :o
  • Lilith1980
    Today's journey to work was interesting! Some of the lanes I travelled down hadn't been gritted so there were a few people having to have their cars pushed to get up the hills. I was starting to wonder why we put ourselves through this just to get to work!

My car played silly b*ggers again and went sluggish, BUT I think we might know more about what's wrong. I managed to pull over to the side of the road, switch the engine off and then start it a minute later. The service light had gone out and the engine ran fine again. Hubby thinks it must be a sensor so I'll have to ring the garage and try and book the car in. I'm hoping it won't cost me too much to get the sensor sorted.

I'm keeping an eye on the weather because if it gets worse the perhaps I need to not chance going into work tomorrow. Stay say everyone :)
  • beanielou
    Stay safe & stay cosy.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback