PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cooked a big gammon, made some lentil soup for lunches with the water I used to boil it in.

Dinner was gammon, I had nut roast, roast potatoes, spring green, green beans, carrots, redcabbage and beetroot.
    Tinned rhubarb made into crumble. ( I make a big bag full of crumble topping and freeze)

I also made a kale and broccoli soup and granola bars for work lunches. Two lots of soup to chose from!

Enough veg and gammon left over for tomorrows dinner, which is good because that is what my monthly menu plan says we are having. Will make some mash instead of roast potatoes.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pork stroganoff here tonight with rice for the men, on its own for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Minted pea soup for lunch today with the second of a pack of half cooked baguettes that I cooked yesterday. Supper will be butter bean and chorizo casserole, comfort food flavoured with red pepper, paprika and smoked paprika and red wine, scrummy stuff!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    OH doing his own at his request. I have some LO mash from yesterday so will have that with some beef casserole...which I need to get out of the freezer. And prob some spinach.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lunch today is an Italian white bean soup, and supper tonight will be something to use up some of yesterday's leftover roast chicken. I have some soft flour tortillas to use up so will prob make a spicy chicken/tomato/kidney bean/grated cheese thing to have in wraps.
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    We had chicken salad wraps for lunch. Tonight will be more LO chicken in the form of a stir fry with loads of veg. Yet more chicken has been stashed away in the freezer to make some chicken noodle soup later in the week.... so 8 meals from that £2.99 bird isn't too bad.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Tuna risotto tonight.
    Just on the way from a funeral to the wake so will be having a few nibbles.
  • parsonswife
    Options
    I've re-joined after a few years away. Good evening everyone.

It's macaroni cheese with bacon bits and tomato for us this evening.
  • MrsPear
    MrsPear Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to read of the burglary Gin - hope everyone is at least physically well.

Yesterday - roast chicken, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, carrots and broccoli with gravy.
    Orange jelly for pudding.

Tonight’s hm bolognese with pasta and salad bits. Hm lemon drizzle for pudding. Eldest has had to have Piriton as he has come out in a rash - no idea what he is now allergic as no new ingredients. Very confused atm.
    Gc challenge £363.53/ 500
    Y Feb 317.28 / 350
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    MrsPear unlikely but was there any asparagus in the meal?

I've just got some turkey mince out of the freezer to make bolognese tomorrow - well poss into a lasagne - or I might make a couple of small single ones ready to cook in the freezer. Anyone know if that would work -
    layering everything with dry pasta then freezing then cooking?
    Choices choices....
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family