Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not yet. The space they currently occupy is going to be wiped out by a bird cage, the space they occupied before has been wiped out by various other things. If necessary the unit they are in can be moved to the spare room, but not ideal as no real position for it there.

The ideal would be extremely cheap Really Useful Boxes in the 18 litre version, but they would have to be really cheap as I have worked out at the moment I would have to spend £63 on them. I am going to work out how many I could get in some under bed boxes I have found when I get chance. Problem is I want them all accessible and easy to view, so only one layer per box, mainly so grandkids can find them if necessary, and really have to accommodate quite a few console games too. Whatever I do it is going to hurt the pocket :eek:

Under bed boxes sound like a better shape. Would a chest of drawers work, if the drawers are deep enough for a CD sitting on its side?
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Thank you - I had read them too and couldn't see qnything, so wondered if I had missed it mentioned somewhere else during sign up.

If all else fails we can pay with AP vouchers :D. I still haven't planned out how I am going to use all my vouchers - Mands expire at the end of this month :(.

Anon
    I never got any AP vouchers for Pizza Express, I only got one of the £20 ones, think you can use them at la tosca and a few other places. The £50 PE voucher was what drove me to play that game, but it was not to be.
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    See that's how your mind works.

I see charcoal and think of BBQs and hot summer nights:o

:D
    Summer?? You must have a much better imagination than I.

Enterprise, could you not just get a load of shoe boxes and use them under the bed?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • zee25
    zee25 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Hello
    I had a womble yesterday where the receipt shows a multi buy savin g toiletries 3F2, but the items all show full price on the Asda price guarantee comparison

2x Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner For Dry,Really Thirsty Hair (90ml) £4.40 £3.00
    1x Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo For Dry,Really Thirsty Hair (90ml) £2.20 £1.50

I have looked online and these are the travel toiletries which are 3 for 2 in store. If you click on the aeroplane you can see all the other items in the offer. May be useful as fillers if any are cheaper elsewhere?

Thank you all for posting all these bargains online, very helpful x
  • pandoraskids
    Options
    I ordered that laptop from Wish last night, was having a quick look at the thread on my new phone. My son uses Wish, just means waiting a bit longer. Will be interesting to see what happens, be interesting if the laptop turns up and they try to charge tax, not sure if that will happen, they are in the US and Holland as far as I can see. But we only paid £2 for it technically.

I also ordered one. Will wait and see
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • pandoraskids
    Options
    Just tried an Ainsley Harriot Hot & Sour Cup Soup - very nice :D
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Talking of ice cream . There is a oppo link going around that you can get 2 x £2 off vouchers for oppo ice cream in Sains.
    Got the vouchers but I dont think I'll use them............
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I love being in the house during the day, all the con calls you get. First one just told me to get lost after I was answering questions, but just using the words yes and no (as he instructed me to do). Then I got another call from somewhere else less that 2 mins later, and she put the phone down after I was asking her what she was wearing as she was giving me strange stirrings deep within. Do these people not have any fun any more?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    A v Morries

1.71x ASDA Butcher's Selection Boneless Pork Shoulder Joint (Typically 2kg) (per kg) £4.77 £4.27
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.

davemorton wrote: »
    I love being in the house during the day, all the con calls you get. First one just told me to get lost after I was answering questions, but just using the words yes and no (as he instructed me to do). Then I got another call from somewhere else less that 2 mins later, and she put the phone down after I was asking her what she was wearing as she was giving me strange stirrings deep within. Do these people not have any fun any more?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Bet they thought you are a dirty old man :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Under bed boxes sound like a better shape. Would a chest of drawers work, if the drawers are deep enough for a CD sitting on its side?

It needs to be easily moved.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family