eBay Hermes postal mystery...

Options

Comments

• Sam_Fallow
    Options
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Well you might want to make sure you are sitting for this so the shock doesn't knock you over. But some sellers will do more than they need to help buyers out. I know it is crazy but apparently it does occasionally happen.

Yay, that's me. Buyer never recieved his Hermes delivery and I asked Hermes for coordinates of delivery location.
    Meanwhile buyer bought and paid for a replacement item and I refunded them for the first purchase.
    Still waiting for compensation for Hermes after submitting a Denial of Receipt form.
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
  • greedbay
    Options
    Deemed lost after 24 hours is certainly a better outcome that what I received with Yodel for a missing parcel. For about a month they did everything but claim the parcel went missing. They kept replying with their standardised 'we are waiting to hear back from the delivery depot'.
  • ANNA
    ANNA Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, original poster back here...

Hermes investigations now claim it was lost (despite signature). Hermes passing the buck to ebay and ebay stating I must claim from Hermes!

Buyer getting impatient. Wants his refund before I get refunded by Hermes.

His tone is unpleasant, which I objected to. My buyer now wants part refund but right away. I see he has left a neg (which appears by the sold item only, as ebay blocks neg where INR claim is found in favour of the seller0.

After the neg I've lost the will to help further, especially as I can't get the refund from Hermes/ebay.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    How can you tell who the carrier is going to be? Economy delivery could be Hermes or RM 2nd class or many others.

Where is says Economy on the listing it has after it 'see details'.

If you click on this is will show who the carrier is.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ANNA wrote: »

Hermes investigations now claim it was lost (despite signature). Hermes passing the buck to ebay and ebay stating I must claim from Hermes!

His tone is unpleasant, which I objected to. My buyer now wants part refund but right away. I see he has left a neg (which appears by the sold item only, as ebay blocks neg where INR claim is found in favour of the seller0.

After the neg I've lost the will to help further, especially as I can't get the refund from Hermes/ebay.

If the tracking still shows as delivered then the buyer really needs to keep you on side otherwise you could just ignore them.

Why did My Hermes blame Ebay? Did they send you a claim form? They may ask you to get the buyer to fill in a form to confirm they have not received the item.
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Put yourself in the buyer's shoes - of course he's getting impatient. You've been given the runaround by Hermes and ebay, but he hasn't a clue what to believe and clearly worries he will lose his money.

The situation isn't your fault - but it certainly isn't of his making either. 'Objecting to' his tone doesn't help anything and saying that getting a negative means you have 'lost the will to help' is entirely understandable but again, doesn't actually resolve anything... Stay in there if you can bear it and try to sort things out, because you sound a really decent type.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options

What is the state of the ebay case? If it is passed the 8 days, you need to escalate it. Protect your account first.

Escalation will go in your favour if the tracking shows as delivered. When the case is closed, your funds will be released back to you AND the negative feedback will be removed.

Then, if you can sort out the Hermes issue, you can help the buyer. Why are you saying "hermes are passing the buck to ebay". Did you buy the postage through ebay (Shutl)? If so, then you claim from Shutl not from Hermes.
  • ANNA
    Options
    Thanks for the last 3 posts.

Yes, the postage was Hermes from the ebay site.

On the eBay site orders page, I clicked on the tracking no. It showed in the window as "delivered - signed by customer."

I then clicked on the tracking no. in this window and it opened the Hermes website page. That showed delivered and you can view signature. (It's a scribble).

So it was from the opened Hermes page that I went on to do webcat. The chatter said it was delivered with signature. Then agreed to put it to their investigations team. I got an email back stating they wee unable to reach their courier or his manager. They deemed it lost.

Hermes stated I could claim but only from ebay, as it was Shutl.
    I called ebay cs who stated it was delivered, case closed in my favour, nothing more could be done.

Then I got messaged by my buyer in a tone that said it wasn't worth his time. He really wanted the item, the £10 refund was less important but how did I let it go missing?
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the last 3 posts.

Yes, the postage was Hermes from the ebay site.

On the eBay site orders page, I clicked on the tracking no. It showed in the window as "delivered - signed by customer."

I then clicked on the tracking no. in this window and it opened the Hermes website page. That showed delivered and you can view signature. (It's a scribble).

So it was from the opened Hermes page that I went on to do webcat. The chatter said it was delivered with signature. Then agreed to put it to their investigations team. I got an email back stating they wee unable to reach their courier or his manager. They deemed it lost.

Hermes stated I could claim but only from ebay, as it was Shutl.
    I called ebay cs who stated it was delivered, case closed in my favour, nothing more could be done.

Then I got messaged by my buyer in a tone that said it wasn't worth his time. He really wanted the item, the £10 refund was less important but how did I let it go missing?

I would just tell them that Ebay have said it was delivered and they refuse to compensate, so they need to take it up with Ebay. Ebay might refund the buyer directly from their own pockets. After that I would just ignore their messages.

It may still been delivered. My Hermes seem to declare something lost in situations where they show it as tracked delivered but the recipient says it hasn't been delivered.

The problem is that the contract is between Ebay/Shutl and My Hermes. It would be Ebay that needs to make a claim with My Hermes not you. However if Ebay have decided it has been delivered and won't make a claim then there is nothing more you can do.
  • ANNA
    Options
    I've just been on Hermes webchat again.

The situation after their "investigation" (if any!) is that the parcel is "deemed lost".

Hermes can't refund me as it is a third parcel service via ebay Shutl.
    Hermes want me to claim from ebay. But ebay a/c is still showing as "delivered", so catch 22, I can't claim.

Now Hermes suggest I contact ebay and ask them to contact Hermes. Wish me luck with that one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure