Does Anyone Still Use Travellers Cheques

13»

Comments

• mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    benjus wrote: »
    Some of the accommodation is prepaid but we'll be in a fairly remote area for a few days with accommodation that will only take cash. Shouldn't be a major issue, but I don't want to waste time on holiday making trips in the car to seek out an ATM.

Surely you can take a wodge of cash and simply split it up if you're [STRIKE]paranoid[/STRIKE] security-minded.
    For example, split €1000 into 5 x 200, secrete one lot in the car, 1 each in oyur wallet or purse, and the other two in your bags. If there are more than two people in your party it's even easier.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Travellers Cheques? Have you thought about Luncheon Vouchers?
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    mgdavid wrote: »
    Surely you can take a wodge of cash and simply split it up if you're [STRIKE]paranoid[/STRIKE] security-minded.
    For example, split €1000 into 5 x 200, secrete one lot in the car, 1 each in oyur wallet or purse, and the other two in your bags. If there are more than two people in your party it's even easier.

Yeah, I'm sure it's not an issue. I'm not actually thinking about it as much as it appears from my posts on this thread...
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills