Santander To New Day Ltd

Comments

• meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I received this letter too regarding my DFS 0% interest loan that's nearly paid off. I had to replace a broken washing machine a couple months ago so did a 0% interest loan through Currys. It went to some company called Creations Ltd. I just tried to make a payment via my debit card on their website to see they'll charge me £3 for debit card and 4% of total amount with credit card. I also saw on my accounts page, my DFS Loan. Now this is supposed to be with Sandander and now NewDay Ltd but Creations Ltd have it on their website under my details. It also says I have nothing outstanding but shows my next payment being Dec 2011. I'm not happy about this at all so from now on, if I don't have the cash, I do my laundry by hand and hope these dodgy companies go out of business.

Creation Finance have been in business for years. They work with a large number of well known high street stores. Why do you think they're "dodgy" ?

http://www.creation.co.uk/about-us.html#
  • Law8 wrote: »
    I'm paying off credit from a Comet store card from about 2010!
    I haven't been getting statements for ages and have never been told my remaining balance, ever!

I did recently get that email about a refund of all the credit charged on my repayments which totalled £80 which was credited to my remaining balance.

The store card is long gone so I do not know the number.

All the details I have are...
    Credit Agreement number
    Loan account number

Whenever I tried to call I get forwarded to an automated service which asks for my card number.

How can get I get my outstanding balance! And who to complain to for the fact I have never had a statement.

Thanks

*Update. Manage to finally get through to the correct department and it transpires they own me money and the account is closed and cheque is in the post. Very happy.

My partner is owed money from this company after they informed us of an error on a Comet storecard that was in her favour. The card has been paid off a long time ago and she has been waiting seven weeks for their promised refund cheque to arrive.

Every time she rings she is told that the cheque has just been posted but it never arrives. Has anyone who has been promised a refund cheque from this company received one yet?
  • Sam9114
    Sam9114 Posts: 6 Forumite
    molley wrote: »
    Wasn't sure where the best place for this was so here goes :-
    The Santander Facebook page is alight with a lot of disgruntled Santander and non Santander customers .
    Along with many others I got a letter from Santander today quoting an acccount number ( with no further details) and saying it was being assigned to New Day Ltd from 1st April 2014.
    It seems from reading the Facebook page that this relates to Store Cards ,seemingly either current or old but as the letter doesn't actually say this a lot of confusion has been created .
    Personally I do not have any store cards and it is years ago that I had one ..if I ever did .
    So if any of you has had this letter that's what it's about .
    There is a contact tel number on the Santander Facebook page but I think it might be busy

Some santander helpline numbers might not work on weekends but the santander customer service contact number:0844 381 5175 is available to be called seven days a week so it doesn’t matter what sort of work schedule you conduct, you should be able to contact santander and discuss whatever you desire. But its not free.There is one basic per minute cost of 5p.
  • I've been living outside of the UK for a while now, and today received the following email from newday:
    Dear Customer,

In April 2012 Santander ceased to provide credit cards for PayPal, and wrote to you to confirm this in January 2012. At the time Santander continued to provide an online account management tool for existing customers.

Unfortunately, from the 28th April, you are no longer able to service your PayPal Credit Card online. If you have an outstanding balance you will now receive paper statements until the account is paid in full. We appreciate that this may cause you some inconvenience, and for this we apologise, but please be assured you can continue to make payments towards your account over the telephone or by making a payment through your internet banking service (details on the reverse of your statement).

You may take as long as you need to pay off your balance, but remember to pay at least the minimum required amount each month by the date shown, to avoid any late payment fees. Missed payments could result in collections activity and impact your credit rating. If you make only the minimum payment each month it will take you longer and cost you more to pay off your balance.

Santander has now taken the decision to withdraw from the UK Retail Branded credit card business. We wrote to you in February 2014 confirming this, and as a result the management of all existing PayPal credit card accounts has moved to New Day.

Any questions please call our customer services team on 0844 4111 833. This call will be charged at 5 pence per minute plus your phone company's access charge. Calls may be recorded and monitored for training and security purposes and to help us manage your account.

We're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, and thank you for being a PayPal customer.

Yours sincerely,
    Tim Woods
    Head of Customer Services
    For and on behalf of NewDay Ltd
    As I've been out the country I obviously never received the original letter (why could that not have been sent as an email in the first place). At first I was pretty convinced the email was a phishing attempt so I very nearly deleted it, but then I went to login to my online card management and, lo and behold, the site is no longer available.

PayPay very rarely sent me paper statements, even when I was in the UK, and now I'm abroad I will have no idea what I need to pay and when. The email was from a no-reply address, and even email "support@..." failed. I went on to the newday web site and used the "contact us" page to send my concerns to the CEO office. So far I've not even had an acknowledgement of my message.

I will give it another couple of days then try and find a geographic number to contact them on (think there's one in this thread somewhere).

The year is 2014 and newday ltd seem to think it's acceptable to provide a financial 'service' with no online account management.

The card in question was cancelled a long time ago; I'm simply paying off the debt I incurred whilst the card was active.
  • just spoke to New Day as I can no longer access old paypalcredit card online as New Day send paper statements apparently. Problem is that I have never received anything in the post from them despite them having my correct address. They say that they have sent several statements. Concerned now that someone has been getting this mail with all my information contained. I did not receive any information regarding the change in company either so just do not know what to do. So far the promised "momentary" callback has taken over an hour without materialising. Are New Day a legitimate company?
  • I got a response from the email I sent via their website within 48 hours, asking me for a contact number for a call back.

They took a further 48 hours to call me and arranged to send my statements to Thailand and call me when statements are generated (as post can take months to arrive here).

I emailed them with confirmation of my address details asking them for confirmation of receipt and have had nothing. I'm seriously considering just not paying it - I've always been one to take responsibility for my debts (even with the government and media telling me it's actually not my fault at all - all the banks are to blame :rotfl:), but if they're not going to make an effort then I don't see why I should.

I wouldn't worry about your statements going elsewhere - PayPal very rarely sent me a paper statement anyway.
  • Makkari
    Makkari Posts: 6 Forumite
    Beware - my four year DFS/Santander loan finished in February of this year - but Newday has used the information to take a payment by Direct Debit from my current account in May. I have stopped the Direct Debit and will be speaking to the thieving !!!!!!!s in the morning. I will be getting a refund and claiming compensation for the distress they have caused me.
  • Makkari
    Makkari Posts: 6 Forumite
    An update. NewDay 020 8181 0000 initially said the loan was still active, but then said the loan had started in June 2010, and not February, so the payment taken was the last one. I laboriously went back through the bank statements, and although we had the sofa delivered in Feb 2010, the payments did not start until the June. So, a partial apology is owed to NewDay for the above post, but I echo an earlier comment in the thread. They should communicate by email, in addition to by mail if necessary.
  • My Debenhams Store Card (which is actually a credit card but gives reward points so I can get money off vouchers to use at Debenhams) was taken over by NewDay but I did get information about it with my last bill. However, the card has today been rejected by an on-line shopping company so it looks like I won't be able to use it again for that. Only an 0844 tel no to ring to ask NewDay why.
  • The old PayPal credit card that was run by Santander is now also run by New Day.

Since their taking over it has become a total con. The website mentioned in the change over letter does not work, preventing payments being made there. This forces you to set up a Direct Debit, but this only takes the minimum payment = you pay loads more interest. Or you can ring a 5p per minute phone number. =total con!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure