Santander To New Day Ltd

Comments

• This is from their web site.
    Thank you for
    visiting our website.

We're working to bring you a brand new site which will be live soon.
    From 1 April, SAV Credit Limited will become NewDay Cards Ltd and Progressive Credit Limited will become NewDay Ltd, part of the NewDay group of companies, one of the largest providers of credit and store cards in the UK.
    NewDay is a fresh, new alternative in financial services and one of the UK's fastest growing companies. From 1 April we will be welcoming over a million new customers a year. We provide credit and store cards for these retail partners: Debenhams, House of Fraser, Laura Ashley, Topshop, Topman, Burton, Wallis, Miss Selfridge, Evans, Dorothy Perkins, Outfit, Harvey Nichols amongst others. Our consumer brands include the aqua, marbles and Opus branded range of credit cards.
    Our purpose is simple: to help everyone be better with money, so you can be better off in the long run.
    If you want information about our company, please take a look at
    savcredit dot co dot uk
    NewDay is a trading name of Progressive Credit: licensed by the Office of Fair Trading (reference number 0638085) for the provision of consumer credit. Progressive Credit Limited is also authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (Ref no: 555318) for the provision of payment services. SAV Credit Limited (no: 04134880) and Progressive Credit Limited (no: 07297722) are both companies registered in England and Wales and together form the SAV Group of Companies. The registered office for each company is: First Floor, 11 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4RL.
  • Glad it's not just me peering at it & calling insults down on Santander for lack if clarity, then.

A store card? (Head scratching - haven't bothered with those for Ages.)

Hm. Since the balance was under a tenner last I checked, I'll stick that on my close & forget list.
  • oxfordmark
    oxfordmark Posts: 458 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2014 at 1:26PM
    I received one yesterday, so did my partner. I called 0208 181 0000 and i am on hold.

It was for Debenhams. My partner needs to call back about her one. The account starts 6338. Any idea what its for?

Thanks
    Oxfordmark

Home owner from Friday 26th July 2013!
  • Gels
    Gels Posts: 145 Forumite
    OH got this letter today regarding his rarely used Aqua card. The literature was indeed from Aqua, so no confusion there, but they have the incorrect 'Account ending' number!

Best to close it and move on I think.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it": Ferris Bueller
    DLP visits 2015: March, June, September, December :) Life is a journey - enjoy the ride
  • £4.50 credit from my burtons card starting 6331 whoop!
  • Mine is the PayPal Credit card. It is also going over to NewDay, but the account is closed anyway so it makes no difference to me.
    My Wins: £150 Next giftcard. Rimmel Lip Gloss, Benefit Lipstick and lipgloss. Rimmel Day2Night mascara. Elizabeth Arden Body Treatment Cream. Big Bang Theory T-shirt, Make Up Set, St Tropez Kit, Clipper Mug Tea Set, Rosie Project Book, Kwik Fit MOT. Benefit Make Up Set Dior Star Foundation. VIP Concert Tickets & Meet & Greet with The Saturdays
  • VERY WORRIED ABOUT NEW DAY LTD

A letter cam today to say my c/card account along with all Santander customers are being assigned to New Day Ltd!

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE ON THE SAME BOAT PLEASE KEEP READING!

From a look on the net it appears New Day could be a company which helps people establish or have a poor credit rating, They are provide of Aqua Credit card etc.

My mortgage broker asked me if I took anything to do with Pay Day loans as this would cause the application to fail.

I am very worried that lenders would also take a negative view as to why im taking anything to do with a company like this and im looking at closing my account ASAP prior to the switchover.

I want to act fast before this reflects on my credit report.

What are your thoughts on this?
  • VERY WORRIED ABOUT NEW DAY LTD

A letter cam today to say my c/card account along with all Santander customers are being assigned to New Day Ltd!

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE ON THE SAME BOAT PLEASE KEEP READING!

From a look on the net it appears New Day could be a company which helps people establish or have a poor credit rating, They are provide of Aqua Credit card etc.

My mortgage broker asked me if I took anything to do with Pay Day loans as this would cause the application to fail.

I am very worried that lenders would also take a negative view as to why im taking anything to do with a company like this and im looking at closing my account ASAP prior to the switchover.

I want to act fast before this reflects on my credit report.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Paranoia is bad for you.

Stop worrying.
  • Im not paranoid, Im just very careful about my credit accounts and like to choose the right lenders to work with.

One lender influences another, being associated with a progressive credit/builder company can have a like for like influence and put other lenders of dealing with me.

im afraid i may need to walk away from having anything to do with New Day! A company which I have never heard off or no nothing about therefore im not comfortable putting my finances in there hands.

Maybe others will follow in my footsteps! I am a new property investor building up a port folio and want to take every step with care
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Santander actually sold all these accounts back in May 2013

All that is really happening now is some legal tidying up and SAV's decision to change their name to New Day

Regards
    Sunil
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family