DO NOT POST ON THIS BOARD - until you have read this please!

This board is not for posts like;

"Best places to go on a Hen weekend?"

"Holidays with good pools?"

"Help me get a cheap holiday!"

"Where can I take the kids on holiday?"

"Best place to buy currency?"

"Can you beat this price?"

Nor things like offers on Grazeboxes, dishwasher tablets and craft products!!!! :(

This board is literally just for reporting (as the title says) Holiday Deals, Holiday Bargains and any Special Offers on holidays, only!

Sorry if you think this sounds stern but the board should be a list of deals, offers and bargains that is easy to scan down for anything of interest, getting cluttered up with questions that should be asked on the relevant planning your holiday boards (either Overseas or UK) is very frustrating for people to try and wade through (see previous threads here and here) and a complete and utter pain in the !!! to sift through the threads and move all the irrelevant ones and explain to people why it's moved when they complain their thread has suddenly gone!

SO please adhere to the format of this board so that we don't lose this facility, and make it easier to find the bargains we all crave for so we can get on and have a fab holiday :j

TIA :)
Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)

Comments

• Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    WTG Savvy! :T:T:T

I was feeling a little grumpy when I got up this morning and was soooo tempted to start a new thread along the lines of:

Which part of 'this board is only for reporting deals and offers' is so difficult to understand?

Luckily you've jumped in and saved me from posting so it's only you and I that will know what a miserable grump I am! :D

Yes, thats right, just me and you - you didn't think anyone else was actually going to read this did you?? ;) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    LOL well I can live in hope that there will be many that get to read how gumpy you were this morning ;)
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Incapuppy wrote: »
    Yes, thats right, just me and you - you didn't think anyone else was actually going to read this did you?? ;) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Speak for yourself!
  • danielley
    danielley Posts: 744 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It wont do any good, people will still continue to post their drivel here :)
  • miamoo
    miamoo Posts: 1,694 Forumite
    I think you would be better posting a sticky that has in capitals 'ONLY POST CHEAP HOLIDAY DEALS ON THIS BOARD' or better still with the heading 'free holidays to the destination of your choice' it might get read by a few more people then lol!
    £100 - £10,000
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    I was wondering if it was possible to have only the "sticky" appear when people enter the sub-forum and then have a further clickable link (to the actual sub-forum posts) at the end of savvy's OP in the sticky - a sort of sub sub-forum, IYSWIM.
    I suppose it's too complicated.
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ah I like that idea, and that would be totally awesome, not sure if VBull supports that but you could try and suggest it in the 'Site Feedback' section??
  • Hello all.. Can anyone help with a holiday for two adults and 3 kids age 8,14 and16. I am looking for an activity style holiday in the uk or Europe. We had a disaster last year after booking a villa in Spain that was £1300 and not fit for a dog.would love for the kids to have a great time. Any advice or help welcome...thanks all
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,598 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    savvy wrote: »
    This board is not for posts like;....
    There's always one! :rotfl:

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• i posted flights to Orlando going cheap here yesterday and now it's gone. Why? Was it because I asked people to email my personal email if they were interested?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure