Pending Transaction that did not go through

Options

Comments

• timbzyshef123
    timbzyshef123 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 23 July 2012 at 10:59PM
    Options
    Hi,

I'm experiencing a similar problem to yours at the minute and its with Natwest.Basically I purchased an Item fro American on the 10th of July and i was charged twice (duplicated transaction).The first payment has cleared off and the retailer has gotten the money.However,the second transaction has been pending since then,i've been pushed back and forth between Natwest and the Company,its just so frustration.

Natwest have given me the transaction code to the payment and i have passed this on to the American company several times,however they claim they can't release the funds from their side for the following
    1.Because they never requested the payment twice
    2.Because their bank/merchant don't recognise the transaction code when inputed into their system

Natwest staffs have given me various conflicting information as to how long it takes for unclaimed pending transactions to drop off.

I feel soo helpless,its been dragging on for soo long.Also,i've incured soo much on my phone bill as i have been calling natwest and the American company several times.I am just a student and the amount involved is £426 :(

Please help anyone
  • Jaysingh
    Options
    I have the same issue how long did it take to resolve? How did you resolve it?
  • Jaysingh
    Options
    How did you fix it?
    Hi,

I'm experiencing a similar problem to yours at the minute and its with Natwest.Basically I purchased an Item fro American on the 10th of July and i was charged twice (duplicated transaction).The first payment has cleared off and the retailer has gotten the money.However,the second transaction has been pending since then,i've been pushed back and forth between Natwest and the Company,its just so frustration.

Natwest have given me the transaction code to the payment and i have passed this on to the American company several times,however they claim they can't release the funds from their side for the following
    1.Because they never requested the payment twice
    2.Because their bank/merchant don't recognise the transaction code when inputed into their system

Natwest staffs have given me various conflicting information as to how long it takes for unclaimed pending transactions to drop off.

I feel soo helpless,its been dragging on for soo long.Also,i've incured soo much on my phone bill as i have been calling natwest and the American company several times.I am just a student and the amount involved is £426 :(

Please help anyone
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The easiest way is to wait the 3 to 10 days it takes to naturally drop off.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    The easiest way is to wait the 3 to 10 days it takes to naturally drop off.

Or use a credit card when it is the banks funds which are tied up not yours.
  • Somm_2
    Options
    Is it Barclays by any chance? If a payment is authorised but not claimed by the company then it usually gets reapplied back to the available balance after 7-10 days. The money is in your account but not available to spend.

I tried to order some things from the bodyshop but they kept telling me my order was terminated I tried four times then gave up. I checked my account and it turned out that money was taken out of my account for the four times I tried I emailed them and they assured me that they hadn't taken it. It's been over a week and I haven't gotten the money back. Something like this has happened to me before and I lost £63
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Hello Somm
    It may be easier for you to get a reply by starting your own thread - this one is quite old.

Does the money actually show on your bank statement as having been debited or is it just a pending payment (reducing your available balance?)

You need to give more information about the money you ''lost'' to get any help.
  • cockrell
    Options
    Hi

I have had a an amount of £1600 pending from my credit card account for a few days with HSBC. The Flight comany will not now be claiming the funds and indeed now cant even find my details so I wondered when the amount is likely to drop back in to my account please?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cockrell wrote: »
    Hi

I have had a an amount of £1600 pending from my credit card account for a few days with HSBC. The Flight comany will not now be claiming the funds and indeed now cant even find my details so I wondered when the amount is likely to drop back in to my account please?

You should have started your own thread rather than drag up an old 1.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    2010 thread. nice revival....
    Earmarks automatically drop off after 3-4 days. It will mean your available balance will be handicapped until then.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure