Options
1789101113»

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    SueGos wrote: »
    S I had already booked another room using Booking.com which had free cancellation so we will now use that for our stay in Nice in 2 weeks time.

Be very careful on this comment... As Cancellation depends on hotels t/c.
    I have spoken to plenty of customers who cited this statement by Booking.com. Yet had been charged by the hotel.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Nicole62
    Options
    I have had my money back that I paid for the hotel from Virgin credit card. It took a while but OMG what a relief!
  • Just posting to offer some hope - I had a booking for two nights in a hotel in Manchester last month booked through Amoma. They ceased trading a few days beforehand and Travelodge cancelled the booking without contacting me. BUT I raised a section 75 through Santander (they had a form on their front page a little while ago for refunds from travel bookings after Thomas Cook collapsed - some digging might mean you can still find it.)

I received the refund this week - so it is possible and shows banks should honour section 75 here, even though it could initially seem more complicated as they were a 3rd party booking site. Good luck to everyone, sincerely hope everyone has their money returned.
  • kevcelty1984
    Options
    Hey people. Just to let use all know. I had booked a 4 day trip to Disneyland Paris for me my wife and niece to fly from Aberdeen to Paris and stay at Vienna House Magic Circus. When I booked I went onto trivago and seen this hotel cheap so went onto book and it was Amoma who Trivago advertised as agent to book with. When made booking online it came back as declined then minutes later someone phoned me claiming to be from Amoma and took my booking over phone and apologised for booking getting declined. I went ahead and booked over phone. Then when appeared at hotel last Friday (11 Oct) we were told that Amoma had ceased trading andy booking was cancelled on Sep 16th. I made booking on Sep 4th. We had to pay on the day for another room and were charged full rates which was £220 more than we paid on Amoma. I have raised a debit card dispute with my Bank of Scotland as I have insurance with them and paid hotel with debit card. But when I paid for hotel on the day last Friday I paid using credit card. What are anyone's opinions on if I will be able to get the money I paid thru Amoma back plus the difference I paid on day??? Have also raised issue with Trivago complaining why they still had Amoma on their site literally last month when I have now read that Amoma have been scamming people for years.
  • mia27
    Options
    Hi,

We never got the email (unless it went to my junk and was automatically deleted). The first we heard of this was when we arrived for a 10 day holiday and the hotel couldn't find a record of our booking.

The hotel originally wanted to charge us an extra £130/night for a hotel room which originally cost £56 (it was Egypt so the room rate was much lower than other places) as they considered us walk ins despite having a record of our original booking, which they said was cancelled. We ended up paying an additional £78 per night.

We are about to raise a Section 75 claim for the Halifax mastercard we paid on and hope for the best. Is there any advice out there? I have the Amoma cease trading notifications, is this the Liquidators/Administrators letter?

Thanks for any information!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport