Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 14th Jun 19, 11:27 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 9Thanks
    hlpme
    -BW Legal on behalf of TPS PCN - after 5 years
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:27 AM
    -BW Legal on behalf of TPS PCN - after 5 years 14th Jun 19 at 11:27 AM
    Hi All,

Apologies for posting new Thread about BW LEGAL and TPS as i have seen and read some threads, however I really need some advice going forward PLSSSS as I don't want to do something incorrectly.

Similar situation to many of those who received notice after PCN after 5 years(apparently i have received one in 2014). It is retail car park. I dont know if i have appealed it at the time or even if i have been there...

I have done followings so far:

1. Sent TPS a SAR
    2. Sent an email to BW Legal asking for the account to be put on hold.
    3. Trying to get some information about the landlord of the car park- no luck yet.

[B]BW legal requested following information (Email. they have not posted anything yet)[/B]
    BW Legal Reference:

Full Name:
    First Line of Address:
    Postcode:
    Telephone Contact Number:
    Authorised Email address:
    Confirmation you wish for us to correspond with you via this address (Yes/No):

AM I TO REPLY TO THIS?

TPS sent an email saying that they acknowledge my SAR request and they need some form of ID.

DO I SEND THEM MY ID AND IF YES, CAN I SEND THEM COUNCIL TAX LETTER?

Thank you everyone for good work help against this individuals
Page 3
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 19th Jul 19, 2:44 PM
    • 17,871 Posts
    • 21,768 Thanks
    KeithP
    That is ridiculous.

Report TPS to the Information Commissioner's Office for refusing to rectify personal data when requested.
    Last edited by KeithP; 19-07-2019 at 3:16 PM.
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 19th Jul 19, 3:59 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    That is ridiculous.

Report TPS to the Information Commissioner's Office for refusing to rectify personal data when requested.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    this might be silly question, however ICO is asking to provide all correspondence with TPS- can i do that

Thank you
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 19th Jul 19, 4:00 PM
    • 6,590 Posts
    • 6,623 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    this might be silly question, however ICO is asking to provide all correspondence with TPS- can i do that

Thank you
    Originally posted by hlpme
    Yes, otherwise they would not be able to investigate your complaint.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jul 19, 4:07 PM
    • 76,465 Posts
    • 89,803 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, but you only need to show them a reminder letter sent to the old address, then a copy of your email asking for them to rectify their address data, then Tito's refusal.

That is what your complaint is about. Don't include all letters, no need to complicate it.

Meanwhile, also email BW Legal an address Rectification Notice too. No asking for BW Legal's email addy if you do not have it. It is obvious how to find that, on this forum!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 19th Jul 19, 4:13 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    Yes, but you only need to show them a reminder letter sent to the old address, then a copy of your email asking for them to rectify their address data, then Tito's refusal.

That is what your complaint is about. Don't include all letters, no need to complicate it.

Meanwhile, also email BW Legal an address Rectification Notice too. No asking for BW Legal's email addy if you do not have it. It is obvious how to find that, on this forum!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    noted coupon mad. thank you
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 19th Jul 19, 4:32 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    i have sent complaint to ICO. Shall inform TBS or BW legals that i am complaining to ICO?

Thank you
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jul 19, 5:05 PM
    • 25,093 Posts
    • 40,464 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    i have sent complaint to ICO. Shall inform TBS or BW legals that i am complaining to ICO?

Thank you
    Just tell both.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • hlpme
    • By hlpme 25th Sep 19, 4:49 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    hlpme
    Hi ALL

just quick update.

Ico has sent me an email telling me that i have not raised with parties my concern and the way they handled my data. before ICO can do any, i need to speak with parking company and BW.

is there any template i need to use or is just matter of me sending them an email telling them that i am not happy with the way it has been handled ???

Also, it is quite from their end so far

Thank you
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 25th Sep 19, 5:57 PM
    • 25,093 Posts
    • 40,464 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi ALL

just quick update.

Ico has sent me an email telling me that i have not raised with parties my concern and the way they handled my data. before ICO can do any, i need to speak with parking company and BW.

is there any template i need to use or is just matter of me sending them an email telling them that i am not happy with the way it has been handled ???

Also, it is quite from their end so far

Thank you
    The latter. List the documents they have failed to deliver and/or the areas of concern, then give them 7 days by when a satisfactory response is required or warn that you will report them to the ICO. That should tick the box the ICO want from you prior to getting involved. It seems to be a standard ICO requirement that you go through this 'reminder' stage before they act.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

2,170Users online

Martin's Twitter