IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

-BW Legal on behalf of TPS PCN - after 5 years

Hi All,

Apologies for posting new Thread about BW LEGAL and TPS as i have seen and read some threads, however I really need some advice going forward PLSSSS as I don't want to do something incorrectly.

Similar situation to many of those who received notice after PCN after 5 years(apparently i have received one in 2014). It is retail car park. I dont know if i have appealed it at the time or even if i have been there...

I have done followings so far:

1. Sent TPS a SAR
2. Sent an email to BW Legal asking for the account to be put on hold.
3. Trying to get some information about the landlord of the car park- no luck yet.

[B]BW legal requested following information (Email. they have not posted anything yet)[/B]
BW Legal Reference:

Full Name:
First Line of Address:
Postcode:
Telephone Contact Number:
Authorised Email address:
Confirmation you wish for us to correspond with you via this address (Yes/No):

AM I TO REPLY TO THIS?

TPS sent an email saying that they acknowledge my SAR request and they need some form of ID.

DO I SEND THEM MY ID AND IF YES, CAN I SEND THEM COUNCIL TAX LETTER?

Thank you everyone for good work help against this individuals

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Full Name: <<<< YES
    First Line of Address: <<<< YES
    Postcode: >>>> YES
    Telephone Contact Number: >>>>> NO
    Authorised Email address: >>>> YES
    Confirmation you wish for us to correspond with you via this address (Yes/No):

That is all that is needed

NO PHONE NUMBER as BWLegal are telephone bullies

Set up a throw away email addy just for BWLegal.
    Google mail is good as you can forward emails to your normal email
    without BWL knowing

NO PERSONAL INFORMATION WHATSOEVER as they are not entitled to personal data
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Are you saying you have only been contacted by email? I am a little confused.

If BW do not have your address and you haven't moved since the date of the alleged event, I would be reluctant to provide it. I don't believe they can start court proceedings by email.
    If you have moved since the alleged event then yes you need to confirm your current name and address for service.

As for ID for the SAR, send a copy of the V5 if it is in your name. A utility bill will also suffice. This assumes the scammers and BW have your address.
    You are not required to supply photo' ID for an SAR request and the ICO have confirmed this. There is also no charge fir a single SAR as long as it is not complicated, which a single PCN won't be.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I have done followings so far:

1. Sent TPS a SAR
    Good.

Tito (their MD, who does the SARs but no longer puts his name on them!) won't be able to produce a copy of the PCN itself, so push for that when it's obviously missing or mocked up.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • hlpme
    hlpme Posts: 30 Forumite
    Thats amazing. I will revert back to them today
    Thank you
  • hlpme
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Are you saying you have only been contacted by email? I am a little confused.

If BW do not have your address and you haven't moved since the date of the alleged event, I would be reluctant to provide it. I don't believe they can start court proceedings by email.
    If you have moved since the alleged event then yes you need to confirm your current name and address for service.

As for ID for the SAR, send a copy of the V5 if it is in your name. A utility bill will also suffice. This assumes the scammers and BW have your address.
    You are not required to supply photo' ID for an SAR request and the ICO have confirmed this. There is also no charge fir a single SAR as long as it is not complicated, which a single PCN won't be.

Thank you for your reply and advise regarding ID.

They ahve posted their PCN and follow up letters, however i am following upi everything on emails.
  • hlpme
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Good.

Tito (their MD, who does the SARs but no longer puts his name on them!) won't be able to produce a copy of the PCN itself, so push for that when it's obviously missing or mocked up.

Noted. Thank you for your help(All of you). you are all legends
  • hlpme
    Just an update:

BW legal refused to put my case on hold. I have read many threads and your notes that most probably they would not put it on hold, however i thought i will give an update
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    hlpme wrote: »
    Just an update:

BW legal refused to put my case on hold. I have read many threads and your notes that most probably they would not put it on hold, however i thought i will give an update

Arrogance prevails then ??

As BWLegal will have added the fake £60 add-on, please read this ...

ABUSE OF PROCESS
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75930070#post75930070
  • hlpme
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Arrogance prevails then ??

As BWLegal will have added the fake £60 add-on, please read this ...

ABUSE OF PROCESS

Thank you. thats very good read. they have not added anything yet, however will note this article. much appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure