Best money manager app/prog ??

For many years to keep track of my home finances I have used a free prog.called Money Manager Ex.I must admit it has been great as i used it on my windows pc and android devices
I now have an iphone,ipad and imac and although I can install it on my imac there are no versions for my other two devices or a browser version which to me is quite unbelievable but thats another story.Anyway I am now looking for a replacement prog/app which I can use for all my devices as well as Windows pc,free or otherwise.Any suggestions would be welcome,aoart from getting rid of my Apple stuff:D:D

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 June 2019 at 1:40PM
    I use YNAB. I believe it is compatible with iPad, iPhone, Windows and Android. It is a little expensive, but is fantastic at helping to keep your budget under tight control. It uses a 'zero-based budgeting' methodology. They run live web-classes to help newcomers get to grip with the method, where you can interact with the tutors.

https://www.youneedabudget.com/
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    A lot depends on what your requirements are. You have specified some technical ones, but what about the functionality you are after? Which banks and building societies do you need to have covered? Do you need to manage any investments or is it just current accounts and cash savings?

Mind you, if you want Windows and Apple coverage, your options are somewhat limited. Also beware, some of the appy-type managers only support 1 device - e.g. I tried one on my iPhone, then also installed it on my iPad as I wanted a larger display. All went well until the developer provided an update. It wiped out all my data, with no trace left anywhere. When I complained, I was told they are only supporting iPhones, not iPads. I obviously will neither touch nor recommend them again.
  • I use YNAB. I believe it is compatible with iPad, iPhone, Windows and Android. It is a little expensive, but is fantastic at helping to keep your budget under tight control. It uses a 'zero-based budgeting' methodology. They run live web-classes to help newcomers get to grip with the method, where you can interact with the tutors.

https://www.youneedabudget.com/

I second YNAB. It’s £6.49 a month to subscribe but I’m certain it saves me more than that compared to how I used to manage my money before!

I mostly use it on my iPad, inputting data from my banking apps on my phone and I can look at both at once easily.

It’s good on a phone too though, useful when out and about.
  • cslogg
    cslogg Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Money Manager Ex which I mentioned in my original post does not link to my bank account which to me is good.Its more of a glorified database/reminder prog.I can set it up to reflect all my money movements,upcoming bills,yearly and weekly commitments.Savings etc.I just check my bank account every morning online and make sure any ins and outs are reflected in the prog.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure