Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • s03jlord1
    • By s03jlord1 14th Jun 19, 5:14 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    s03jlord1
    Mortgage - Credit File.
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:14 PM
    Mortgage - Credit File. 14th Jun 19 at 5:14 PM
    Hi All.

Is it normal for a mortgage to not show on a credit file?
    I have a fairly new mortgage (over 2 months, made 2 payments) however it doesn't show on my equifax or experian accounts yet?

However other credit contracts I've taken out since i got my mortgage (Virgin TV / other Bank account for bills to come out of) already show on my credit file.

My mortgage is with NatWest - prior to me getting a mortgage approved with them, they combed through my credit files in such detail that i would have thought they would have reported it promptly and recorded two payments made.

Or is this expected?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 14th Jun 19, 6:12 PM
    • 2,311 Posts
    • 2,737 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:12 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:12 PM
    There are three CRAs, it might be the third one your mortgage company reports to.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 14th Jun 19, 6:39 PM
    • 3,332 Posts
    • 2,806 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:39 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:39 PM
    My mortgage is with NatWest, took it out Sept 2018 and it shows up on all 3 credit files. Mine was showing within the first month. It also shows on all 3 of my OH’s too.

Why did they comb through your files? All they should have done is a hard search. Or do you mean your broker?

You should contact NatWest and get them to report your account to the 3 CRA’s.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

239Posts Today

3,567Users online

Martin's Twitter