Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SuzieSky
    • By SuzieSky 14th Jun 19, 2:38 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SuzieSky
    UKPC NTH - newbie needing help!!
    • 14th Jun 19, 2:38 PM
    UKPC NTH - newbie needing help!! 14th Jun 19 at 2:38 PM
    Hi,
    Apologies in advance, I've never appealed a PCN before so I'm a little lost. I've read through the Newbies Sticky but even that ended up being a bit overwhelming because I wasn't sure which parts were applicable to me.

Here goes...I received a PCN on my windscreen after parking in a carpark next to a doctors surgery. I could see that there were signs saying permits were required but I asked at reception and she said it's fine because I was there to provide the doctors with some training. The car is on lease from the manufacturer to my company but it remains in my possession - does that make me the keeper or just the driver?

The NTH came through 75 days after the "offence" and the Notification letter came through a month later. I read the proposed initial appeal email template but that doesn't seem applicable here.
    Does anyone have any guidance for how I should proceed please? Also, what is POPLA, is that relevant here?
    Sorry for my ignorance, I'm just keen to deal with this asap because my company are on my case as the letters go through them. Kind of tempted to just pay the 100

Many thanks in advance!! and nope, this isn't my real name haha
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Jun 19, 3:07 PM
    • 7,870 Posts
    • 10,716 Thanks
    waamo
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:07 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:07 PM
    Have you seen the template by Edna Basher? It's linked to at the bottom of the first post in the Newbies thread. It's specifically designed for lease/hire vehicle keepers.
    This space for hire.
    • SuzieSky
    • By SuzieSky 14th Jun 19, 3:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SuzieSky
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:36 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:36 PM
    Have you seen the template by Edna Basher? It's linked to at the bottom of the first post in the Newbies thread. It's specifically designed for lease/hire vehicle keepers.
    Originally posted by waamo
    Hey, Yeah I checked that out but my company don't want to get involved and as UKPC are BPA approved, I'm not sure if the approach would be different?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Jun 19, 3:37 PM
    • 7,870 Posts
    • 10,716 Thanks
    waamo
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:37 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 3:37 PM
    If you give the ppc your name as the daily keeper of the vehicle then your company are no longer involved.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 19, 5:04 PM
    • 76,465 Posts
    • 89,803 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:04 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 5:04 PM
    Hey, Yeah I checked that out but my company don't want to get involved and as UKPC are BPA approved, I'm not sure if the approach would be different?
    Originally posted by SuzieSky
    You looked at only one of the FOUR lease hire appeals in that section. Only one of them is written from the POV of a Fleet Manager.

There are 3 other linked appeal examples there for hirers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Jun 19, 6:21 PM
    • 15,182 Posts
    • 15,849 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:21 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 6:21 PM
    … and as UKPC are BPA approved,

UKPC are fraudsters, read this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,791Users online

Martin's Twitter