Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gtd
    • By Gtd 13th Jun 19, 4:47 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gtd
    Equita letters from old parking charge
    • 13th Jun 19, 4:47 PM
    Equita letters from old parking charge 13th Jun 19 at 4:47 PM
    Hi

This has probably been covered. I was contacted by a parking firm, can’t remember which, regarding 2 charges for my car (uncle used it that weekend, but not my query). I saw these “fines” after the original 14 day notice. The offences are from April 2014. I ignored everything from the parking firm. The “debt” was passed onto Equita a few years ago. Again I’ve ignored everything from them. Various threatening letters. I have just received 2 letters relating to the so called fines. One for £160 and another for £260, stating if not paid within 10 days legal proceedings will begin.

I plan on ignoring them. Am I on the right track? Is there not a time limit on them chasing for a so called offence from April 2014?

Any advice and comment would be welcome.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Jun 19, 5:05 PM
    • 17,871 Posts
    • 21,768 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:05 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:05 PM
    A 'creditor' has up to six years to chase an alleged debt through the courts.

Do not ignore either a Letter of Claim or official court correspondence.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Jun 19, 5:31 PM
    • 12,525 Posts
    • 17,454 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:31 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:31 PM
    Hi

This has probably been covered. I was contacted by a parking firm, can’t remember which, regarding 2 charges for my car (uncle used it that weekend, but not my query). I saw these “fines” after the original 14 day notice. The offences are from April 2014. I ignored everything from the parking firm. The “debt” was passed onto Equita a few years ago. Again I’ve ignored everything from them. Various threatening letters. I have just received 2 letters relating to the so called fines. One for £160 and another for £260, stating if not paid within 10 days legal proceedings will begin.

I plan on ignoring them. Am I on the right track? Is there not a time limit on them chasing for a so called offence from April 2014?

Any advice and comment would be welcome.
    Originally posted by Gtd
    Are the two letters from equita ???

To explain why Equita are talking cr*p ....

The legal requirement is that the company who issued the tickets
    or their legal issues a "letter before claim" giving you 30 days to respond and providing proof of their claim

NOTE ..... 30 DAYS NOT 14 DAYS

Equita knows this so shame on them for trying to scam you

As the debt does not belong to Equita, the claim of taking you to court is just living in cloud cuckoo land
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Gtd
    • By Gtd 13th Jun 19, 5:38 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gtd
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:38 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:38 PM
    Both letters from Equita yes. When I mention the 14 days, I ment I missed the original charge offence from 2014. Today’s letters are a threat of legal proceedings if I don’t pay the said amount in the next 10 days.

Sorry for the confusion.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Jun 19, 5:47 PM
    • 12,525 Posts
    • 17,454 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:47 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 5:47 PM
    Both letters from Equita yes. When I mention the 14 days, I ment I missed the original charge offence from 2014. Today’s letters are a threat of legal proceedings if I don’t pay the said amount in the next 10 days.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Originally posted by Gtd
    Same thing, they are living in the clouds.

EQUITA CANNOT ISSUE COURT PROCEEDINGS

For this to go further the PPC/LEGAL must BY LAW send you a letter before claim giving you 30 DAYS ....... THIS WILL NOT BE EQUITA

It's all mickey mouse stuff with these debt collectors whom you ignore
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Gtd
    • By Gtd 13th Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gtd
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    Thanks for the advice. So I’m right to ignore this garbage for so long? I’m just gunna carry on ignoring them. Hopefully ticks over the 6 years.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 19, 11:56 PM
    • 76,465 Posts
    • 89,803 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jun 19, 11:56 PM
    • 13th Jun 19, 11:56 PM
    a parking firm, can’t remember which
    You need to read the Equita letters and tell us which PPC is mentioned in the letters, as some parking firms sue people and some do not.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

2,668Users online

Martin's Twitter