IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Equita letters from old parking charge

Hi

This has probably been covered. I was contacted by a parking firm, can’t remember which, regarding 2 charges for my car (uncle used it that weekend, but not my query). I saw these “fines” after the original 14 day notice. The offences are from April 2014. I ignored everything from the parking firm. The “debt” was passed onto Equita a few years ago. Again I’ve ignored everything from them. Various threatening letters. I have just received 2 letters relating to the so called fines. One for £160 and another for £260, stating if not paid within 10 days legal proceedings will begin.

I plan on ignoring them. Am I on the right track? Is there not a time limit on them chasing for a so called offence from April 2014?

Any advice and comment would be welcome.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A 'creditor' has up to six years to chase an alleged debt through the courts.

Do not ignore either a Letter of Claim or official court correspondence.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Gtd wrote: »
    Hi

This has probably been covered. I was contacted by a parking firm, can’t remember which, regarding 2 charges for my car (uncle used it that weekend, but not my query). I saw these “fines” after the original 14 day notice. The offences are from April 2014. I ignored everything from the parking firm. The “debt” was passed onto Equita a few years ago. Again I’ve ignored everything from them. Various threatening letters. I have just received 2 letters relating to the so called fines. One for £160 and another for £260, stating if not paid within 10 days legal proceedings will begin.

I plan on ignoring them. Am I on the right track? Is there not a time limit on them chasing for a so called offence from April 2014?

Any advice and comment would be welcome.

Are the two letters from equita ???

To explain why Equita are talking cr*p ....

The legal requirement is that the company who issued the tickets
    or their legal issues a "letter before claim" giving you 30 days to respond and providing proof of their claim

NOTE ..... 30 DAYS NOT 14 DAYS

Equita knows this so shame on them for trying to scam you

As the debt does not belong to Equita, the claim of taking you to court is just living in cloud cuckoo land
  • Gtd
    Gtd Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Both letters from Equita yes. When I mention the 14 days, I ment I missed the original charge offence from 2014. Today’s letters are a threat of legal proceedings if I don’t pay the said amount in the next 10 days.

Sorry for the confusion.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Gtd wrote: »
    Both letters from Equita yes. When I mention the 14 days, I ment I missed the original charge offence from 2014. Today’s letters are a threat of legal proceedings if I don’t pay the said amount in the next 10 days.

Sorry for the confusion.

Same thing, they are living in the clouds.

EQUITA CANNOT ISSUE COURT PROCEEDINGS

For this to go further the PPC/LEGAL must BY LAW send you a letter before claim giving you 30 DAYS ....... THIS WILL NOT BE EQUITA

It's all mickey mouse stuff with these debt collectors whom you ignore
  • Gtd
    Gtd Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for the advice. So I’m right to ignore this garbage for so long? I’m just gunna carry on ignoring them. Hopefully ticks over the 6 years.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,579 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    a parking firm, can’t remember which
    You need to read the Equita letters and tell us which PPC is mentioned in the letters, as some parking firms sue people and some do not.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure