PPI Claim Valid But Ombudsman Can't Take It Up

Options
Hello, I needed advice regarding a PPI claim with Creation Financial Ltd. I had a store card with them and wrote to them last year as I wasn't sure that I had PPI on the card. The company wrote back to me in May 2018 saying that yes I did indeed have PPI and that I was now in a queue to have my complaint processed. Nothing happened for a few weeks and I contacted the Financial Service Ombudsman for help. The Ombudsman responded that since my claim was from before 2005 they could not support me with my claim and I had to go back to the financial services provider. Since then I have been perpetually told that my claim was in a queue and they would get to it in due course but it's been nearly a year and they are just messing me about. If my claim was not valid, they would have told me by now instead of telling me i'm in a queue. Can anyone please make a suggestion on what steps i can take to find out what/if I am owed anything? Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If my claim was not valid, they would have told me by now instead of telling me i'm in a queue.

That is not correct.

Your complaint is sitting in a queue to be looked at. They wont know yet whether they are going to reject it or uphold it until they look at it.
    Can anyone please make a suggestion on what steps i can take to find out what/if I am owed anything?

You wait. Perhaps chasing every 6 months.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can anyone please make a suggestion on what steps i can take to find out what/if I am owed anything?
    Yes, wait until your complaint reaches the front of the queue.
    They'll then look into your allegations, and inform you of their decision .
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Knowing the lender I can tell you now that they will not be upholding your complaint - what you are waiting for is for them to work out their obligations if any under the recent Plevin ruling which relates to the commission element only.

So in theory you may get something back, however you will not be receiving a full refund of premiums paid I’m afraid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure