Claiming money back for flights & travel for course abroad not as advertised online

Options
Hi, I’m brand new on here and wondered if anyone is able to advise on this please...

I recently travelled to India to complete a yoga teacher training course. However two days into the course there were many things not being taught or provided that were clearly advertised on their website. I emailed the course management stating I wish to withdraw, providing photographic evidence of everything and within a few hours they replied and refunded my entire course fee including my deposit.

I returned to the UK immediately to take up a course here instead, as the standard seemed a lot better. However, the total amount I spent on travel and expenses exceeded £1,100. I saved up for a long time for this and, as a friend has pointed out, I wanted to see if I can claim money back anyway for this.

My first point of call was my travel insurance. They do not cover this. Next I emailed the yoga school with evidence of all the expenses. No reply.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone has any suggestions on how else, if at all, I can try to claim some or all of this money back. If you need any further information, just let me know.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family