PRA. query?

Hi,

Just a quick query as have had a couple of calls and a letter from PRA!🙄

Up until recently I had a NatWest overdraft debt that wa being managed by Wescot

I negotiated and paid a partial settlement to Wescot after they had consulted NatWest that it was acceptable.

This came with the usual conditions, will not sell on, will not chase you etc
This was at the start of December 2018, credit report since have shown a zero balance for this debt and partiality settled marker

So was quite surprised and annoyed to get a call and letter from PRA group saying they had bought the debt and wanted to discuss payment!

Informed them that it had been settled and that I had the email and paperwork trail to back it up

They said well we’ll investigate and get back to you, account put on hold etc!

So the question, are they just fishing?, have NatWest sold It on when they shouldn’t?

Not going to do anything until/unless I hear anything more

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Simon

Comments

• D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Keep your previous correspondence under lock and key concerning your agreed settlement with Westcot/Natwest.

Block their calls if possible.

If they do manage to speak to you on the phone or by email, politely tell them that all communication from then on must be in writing by letter only, to which you will reply.

Again if possible record any call - record all calls, Android has a setting which will allow all calls to be recorded - so that you have your own record of what was said.

When they do send a begging letter asking for money send them a copy of your settlement/closure letter and they should - SHOULD - accept that, they would be fools to start court action after that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure