PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Friday 15th March 2019

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 11,961
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning all.

DM was a little better yesterday. She was interested in watching TV for the first time since the accident. Her appetite is coming back too. I'm going to make up some salmon and cream cheese 'bites' for her and cook some cauliflower and broccoli for her.

Apart from that and visiting I don't have any plans for my day.

Happy Friday.
  • Good morning,

Happy Friday everyone.

Later this afternoon I have 5 boisterous, cheeky and probably slightly tipsy mates travelling down from Glasgow to stay with me for the weekend. I think I've prepared everything; breakfast (rolls), snacks, beers, spirits, mixers, blow up beds and I'm going to buy quilts after work. It'll be a heavy 48 hours and whilst I'm usually the sensible one, the lads have made the effort to come down and visit, taking days off work etc so I'll try and let myself relax a bit but still watch my spends.

My colleague in work promised me 3 weeks ago that he could provide me spare quilts as had 2 stored away. Anyway, last night I drove to collect them and he told me he doesn't have them, they're with a family member. Ok, no problem, I'll buy some today, but it's typical of this particular colleague and it's beginning to really get to me. We both do the same job but he spends 80% of his day on his phone. A nice guy away from work, in fact he's went over and above anyone else to help me settle, but his work ethic bothers me more than it should. Rant over.

Have a nice weekend everyone :)

OL - Happy birthday to your DD
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Nelski, if you google, you will find bananas in pyjamas pj costumes which might suit your mum.

*runs and hides*
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,570
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Holly, I'm glad you got the radiotherapy sorted. We prefer the early appointments as well even though the morning traffic into Cambridge is a bit of a nightmare. We end up waiting for hours if we have a late morning or afternoon appointment.

TA, I'll add that to the list, we sometimes walk at Bolton Abbey in bad weather but the cost of parking puts us off a bit.

Fingers crossed for the MOT, Nelski.

I finally feel as if I'm over the horrible cold so need to fly around the house. Laura and Brian are coming tonight for the weekend - it's my birthday on Sunday. I can't believe it's a year since my 60th so much has happened since then. I still look back on the wonderful memories from last year's birthday, even though it snowed hard over the weekend.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all!! Little prince definitely has an owner, unfortunately we still don't know where or how to contact them. He came in last night with the jingliest collar in the world, he really doesn't like it, but we couldn't take it off him.He's gone back out this morning, if he comes back again, I'll write a note on some fabric and tie it to his collar.
    Plans for today are borrow a presure washer from a friend [ front wall and paths need doing, there's also a bit right outside the back door that's been cobbled together with breeze blocks, and weeds grow up between them. There's no point in taking them up until we've resolved which way we're going with the back, so I want to blast the weeds out and salt the cracks.I really want to strighten them out but that's beyond me now.
    The bales are in the garden waiting to be used, the seeds are in the lean to waiting to sprout.
    I did a small tidy yesterday. sorted some papers, built a fire ready, did dishes, organised some pots outside,pottered quite slowly, but feel like I've actually done' something for a change even if I was out of puff when I finished. I've really enjoyed this month of no appointments so far, it's like a breather before the final push so to speak.
    Next month there is a plethroa of new books by favourite authors and a couple of films I want to watch so at least i won't be sitting being bored if appointmnts run late, I'll have many things to read :)

Holly glad it all went well, also glad you're quite near the hospital. So much easier to sort things out so they're over and done with to start with. Totally agree with you and snoozer [ I can't though unfortunately, much as I want to] - don't mention stocking up on one of the Brexit threads, there'll be uproar :) . How are you doing yourself snoozer? Enjoy your night out speky...get your hangover cure ready! HB to your BO OL [ ;)] AOD, enjoy your fridy-tidy, obviously cutting off your hair has increased your tease quotient - very funny it was too...Glad your mother's doing better Gers, and look after yourself too, you're no good knackered out..Hope your car passes it's hospital appointment Nelski, hope any surgery is minor..Fortifying thoughts for the weekend ahead topsy and melinda...
    Wotcha absentees

Not-for-the-fainthearted Friday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all. Thanks for the good wishes for DH on Monday and handholding for me.

Still windy here. Like everyone else we are getting fed up with it now. Did the Friday tidy yesterday before the footcare lady came to trim our toenails. So not much planned for today except keeping DH's mind off his op.

HH sounds like you are organised for the next stage of your treatment. Best wishes. Gers hope your Mum enjoys her salmon bites.

Well hugs to all and thinking about poorlies, carers and worrieds. Have a good day folks.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning all from mehefinland
    Wind, rain, mud, more wind, more rain , even more mud. Bleurgh!!

Mares out at 8, back in 1030. Almost banging on the doors to be let in out of the weather. Looked like drowned rats too. Hardy Welsh Cobs-- my eye!

HHWell done getting early appointments. When Mrs M had her last bout or r/t we had earlies too to avoid M4 traffic around Cardiff. Sometimes we were there so early we would be greeting the staff as they came in to work!

Hugs and spoons to those in need - go and dry off (again) now
    Mehefin
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,387
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hello all
    We took DD to her hospital scan appointment this morning and then went for coffee and a sticky bun. DD had a full english as she hadn't had any breakfast. So all done for the moment, but now she has to wait for the next step to be sorted.
    I have put a load in the WM, with another one in waiting. There is no chance of it going on the whirly, there's too much wind and rain about :(.
    I think it will be TV / films this afternoon and then I shall be gaming later with Mr Fix It and the DGS :D. I'm just not feeling very houseworkish today.
    Tea tonight will be curry and rice and then the leftover strawberries and cream. I had to do my jeans belt up a notch too today, so the dieting is working :j.

Holly I'm glad you have a date for your radiotherapy. Take care of yourself xx
    Gers hope your DM goes from strength to strength. Please wish her well for me.
    Speky enjoy your weekend, but not too much :rotfl:
    Nelski good luck with the MOT. I hope it's the car you are talking about, not yourself :p
    Poppy thinking of you.

Right, off for a snack lunch and a chateau catch up !

Take care all and hugs to anyone who needs or wants one, or two.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,570
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    taff- thanks, I'm feeling properly human for the first time in over a week. I've cleaned all three bathrooms, tidied the living room and made a start on the kitchen. Steve's been keeping it ticking over but there are crusty bits on lots of the handles - I don't know why he doesn't wash his hands before he grabs a handle!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Nelski, if you google, you will find bananas in pyjamas pj costumes which might suit your mum.

*runs and hides*

Just spat my tea out:rotfl::rotfl::T
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business