DMP question (sorry I can’t find a DMP forum)

Options
luelle
luelle Posts: 12 Forumite
Hi

I’m on a DMP with StepChange and have been since January. All of my creditors besides TSB have accepted and are pretty much leaving me alone, TSB are sending me letter after letter after letter. I’ve had another one today saying they won’t accept payment unless it’s received on the 1st of the month, they said this back in February and I’d contacted them to say that that StepChange only pay by the 28th regardless of when I pay them. I cannot get them to pay any other day. I logged a complaint which they’ve replied to saying they aren’t in the wrong and they will not accept the plan unless it’s paid on the 1st. What can I do? I’ll ring StepChange again in the morning but I’m at my wits end with TSB. We live at DHs work and all my post goes there, it’s pretty obvious I’m getting around 7 letters a week from a bank which looks a bit suss to his reception staff. I’m 6 months pregnant and trying to do the right thing with this debt. I don’t understand why they’re making it so hard.

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

TSB will have no choice but to accept the payments you have offered via your StepChange-managed-DMP. Don't worry about the letters. Good luck with the pregnancy... :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • luelle
    luelle Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. So they saying they won’t accept the plan as it’s the wrong date won’t actually have any implications?
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As long as you pay the correct amount, in accordance with your DMP, then I do not believe there any negative implications. Hopefully TSB will pass the debt on to a DCA soon, and they will hopefully be easier to deal with.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family