Static Caravan Site Fees

Hi there, I wonder if you have any advice on this...
I have a Static Caravan up in Scotland and unfortunately we have to sell the old girl as my mother needs looking after and the van is Miles away from her, so...
We spoke to the site and they asked us to fill in a selling form and I agreed to their exuberant amount of selling fees. Now it gets interesting... I got a buyer for the van and put them to the site so they could deal with it. The Gentleman came back to say that they tried their hardest not to sell OUR van and was told that if they do buy my van he’ll have to pay an extra £500 a year site fees, but normal site fees if you buy one of ours.
I’m being taken to the cleaners arnt I
Cheers

Comments

• MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Haven parks do this, not sure of any others so its not that uncommon. Normally they refer to it as full site fees and a discount for buying off them.

One of the things we found out when we were looking to buy is that it is often a lot cheaper (well, much better deal) buying vans off the park rather than private sales. Unfortunately not a good omen for selling on afterwards which is what you are discovering.
  • Hi. I sold mine to a dealer but I still had to pay the site the disconnection fee. They've got you by the short and curlies once you've bought a caravan I'm afraid.
  • 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Lots of posts on this site which might be useful.

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport