Credit Club Login

All of sudden, after about a month since my last login, I am now being told that my identity cant be verified.

I then go in to check my details are correct and they are, nothing has changed.

Is anyone else having this issue?

What can I do to regain access?

Comments

• MSE_Chris
    MSE_Chris Posts: 199
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    MSE Staff
    fordj2 wrote: »
    All of sudden, after about a month since my last login, I am now being told that my identity cant be verified.

I then go in to check my details are correct and they are, nothing has changed.

Is anyone else having this issue?

What can I do to regain access?

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting back into your account.

From time to time, Experian will need to re-verify you as a user to make sure your data remains protected and is not being fraudulently accessed by anyone other than you. In some cases where Experian is been unable to verify your identity, you will no longer be allowed to access your Credit Club account.

Experian have these controls in place to help mitigate the risk of a fraudster impersonating the true account holder from gaining access to access your financial information.

For now you could try deleting your account and re-registering. You can delete your account using the settings option in the top right corner of the 'failed verification' page.

I hope this helps!
  • Ok...will give it a go, thanks....
  • How do I get my credit report up here on the Credit Club?
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,865
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    How do I get my credit report up here on the Credit Club?
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/check-free-credit-report/

Remember, it's your credit history you need to check and monitor, not the 'score' or 'rating'.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Hi there
    I'm trying to get onto the Credit Club. It appears that many years ago I had a login, I forgot the 'memorable word' but then managed to recall it. So I've managed to get through to the Experian check. However, all my details have now changed, and because I cannot recall what I put in years ago, I cannot duplicate them.

My aim was to get standard credit checks from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion because a recent application for a bank account by my eldest son (age 29) went wrong because, apparently, of something to do with our address. There shouldn't be anything wrong, I have no missed payments etc of any sort. So I went to check my credit scores. I succeeded with Experian, the code is coming through the post in a few days. I failed with Equifax because it asked 8 detailed financial questions from the early naughties, and I cannot answer them. I failed with TransUnion (and subsequently with CreditKarma) ending with a screen from each (identical) that said "hmmm ... something seems to have gone wrong". Equifax - I have no idea what to do next. CK/TU - I sent in an email, they closed the query by asking me to use the other service, since I'd already done both, and told them that, I'm going to try again with them today.

After all the above I thought I'd try MSE Credit Club and was surprised to find I had a login - but have now failed to get into that.

Given I want to get the standard report from Equifax and TransUnion, and then more information later on. Can anyone suggest what I do now? 
    Particularly how I get back onto MSE Credit Club with different details from those I put in years ago.
    thanks.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,865
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    @lesleyfromkent

Your best bet is to set up new accounts if you cannot recall the details from years ago. Alternatively you can obtain statutory reports from the credit reference agencies.

With your son there's something in his credit history or there's a CIFAS marker preventing the account being opened or maybe he just doesn't meet the criteria of a customer for that particular bank. No financial institution can say why an application has been declined.

Credit history relates to an individual, not a family or property.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,100
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Senior Ambassador
    @MSE_Laura_F Can you help please? I don't know how to split this post from this thread to move it. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,567
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    MSE Staff
    Thank you for this @Misslayed. I'm not able to move a reply comment I'm afraid.

@DST, I'm sending a message to you now about finding the best place to post.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback