M&S Sale

Comments

• Does anyone know when they will be going to 90% reductions please?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Does anyone know when they will be going to 90% reductions please?

As there are only 8 items on the link and only 2 christmassy things, I would imagine that it won't go to 90%
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The Christmas left overs were 75% off in store last week .
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    yes waiting for the 90% off too always buy my clothes then! should be soon.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    surfsister wrote: »
    yes waiting for the 90% off too always buy my clothes then! should be soon.

Hardly, it's not even gone to 70% off yet and no sign of it happening. They had literally tonnes of clothing at my local store. They are doing so badly, they may wait longer to sell it at 60% off.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• I've been watching the M&S sale for some years and last year they went to 90% much earlier. My e-mails form the 10th January show I bought a number of items at 70% off, and then a week later some more at 90% off.

They seem to be doing things differently and are popping a couple items online several times a day in the sale in some sections (Christmas, home and beauty in particular) at 70% off which seems to sell out in minutes. Yesterday I happened upon a Christmas tree reduced from £200 to £50 and got that, and last week got some nice smellies also 70% off, but both items sold out almost straight after I purchased them.

It could be a sales ploy to get people placing more orders rather than one or two big ones as there is more likelihood customers will buy other items to negate the delivery fee.
  • Wizzbang
    It's more likely that they recognise that the colder weather is coming Jan-March the last couple of years, so it's pointless disposing of winter clothing at pocket money prices when it will be in demand. Hence the different strategy. I suspect they also can't afford to eat into their meagre profits (if any at all).
    Minimalist

• Wizzbang
    M&S gone to 70% off online this evening. One can only assume in-store will be the same. I will be going to check in the next few days.
    Minimalist

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    M&S gone to 70% off online this evening. One can only assume in-store will be the same. I will be going to check in the next few days.

Can confirm up to 70% on today and racks and racks of stuff left.
    Didn't buy anything though.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Wizzbang
    Tonnes of stock still left in my local too, split into different sections so you had to keep looking to find what you wanted. Honestly M&S really need to learn to use better quality fabrics and then they wouldn't have so much stock left. So much of it is horrible synthetics that crease really badly and make you sweat. There were brand new duffle coats in the children's section and the fabric was so poor that they already looked badly worn.

Still I got some good bargains:

Hippo hooded towel

https://www.marksandspencer.com/hippo-hooded-towel/p/p60144919

Frog hooded towel

https://www.marksandspencer.com/frog-hooded-towel/p/p60144918

Zebra hooded towel

https://www.marksandspencer.com/zebra-poncho/p/p22496316

A couple of guest towels at £1.99 each

A Thomas the Tank Engine dressing gown for £5.99

And a fleece cap I'd had my eye on down to £6.69

I didn't the fur coat I'd had in mind as the only sizes left were 8 and 24, but it would have been an extravagance anyway

Beware that everything bought in store is non-returnable, something they don't make you aware of until you hit the tills.
    Minimalist

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family