Dose anyone still bother about D.O.B lotto?

Do you still bother to check doblotto.com I remember there were sometimes more than one winner a day, now it is constantly no winners. What happens when the £50 pot is not won? I expect it is to the owners benefit if it is not won. The draw should be for registered DOB's only. I have been told you can enter any DOB you like. There was one draw months age where the date was a few days the persons 18th birthday.
I am thinking of unsubscribing then maybe my BOB will be in the draw.
GONE ENGLAND

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Do you still bother to check doblotto.com I remember there were sometimes more than one winner a day, now it is constantly no winners. What happens when the £50 pot is not won? I expect it is to the owners benefit if it is not won. The draw should be for registered DOB's only. I have been told you can enter any DOB you like. There was one draw months age where the date was a few days the persons 18th birthday.
    I am thinking of unsubscribing then maybe my BOB will be in the draw.

The draw is only from registered users - "winners" is possibly now those who have actually claimed rather than "potential winners" or it just is not updating.
    Only D.O.B's that are registered by members will be drawn. So, there is always at least one eligible winner.
  • mjm3346 wrote: »
    The draw is only from registered users - "winners" is possibly now those who have actually claimed rather than "potential winners" or it just is not updating.
    SUSPENDED RULE If the winner(s) fail to visit the site and collect then the prize pot is rolled into the next one? I can not remember ever seeing an increased pot. I visit the site every day, maybe it is never updated.
    There should be a list of previous winners. So we know someone has actually won.
    GONE ENGLAND
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 September 2018 at 1:01AM
    SUSPENDED RULE If the winner(s) fail to visit the site and collect then the prize pot is rolled into the next one? I can not remember ever seeing an increased pot. I visit the site every day, maybe it is never updated.
    There should be a list of previous winners. So we know someone has actually won.

You will not see an increased "pot" - you are quoting from the "Suspended Rule" which has a link at the end to click which then explains why it is suspended (this has been the case for over 2 years).
    SUSPENDED RULE If the winner(s) fail to visit the site and collect then the prize pot is rolled into the next one. read why

to reduce costs and keep the site running longer, I'm going to remove the rollover ability of the daily draw pot (rather than reduce the daily pot total again). The rate at which the savings are being hit is being reduced each month which is great, a big thank you to you all! (If you didn't know, this site works because of the adverts that are presented to you, we call this ad-funded) This has meant the site is lasting longer than it would of done without all 5,000+ of you visiting and clicking.

However, I'm still paying out around £1,200 a month from my own pocket/savings and as you can probably appreciate that isn't sustainable long term so this is the next best way I can think of to continue the site, if anyone else has any other great ideas to help please do let me know in the comments or via the feedback form.

If you are logged in then in your profile section you should see a button for unsubscribing - "DELETE my account and all my data please".
  • WOW looks like I have shamed them into picking a winner at last.
    GONE ENGLAND
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well that didn't last long, 2 winners in 2 days, now back to normal with no winners again.
    GONE ENGLAND
  • Cefca
    Cefca Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well that didn't last long, 2 winners in 2 days, now back to normal with no winners again.

It's not really their fault if people aren't claming their winnings.
  • In the past 8 days I have won £150 on doblotto, I'd been a member for a while collecting 500+ points/ daily visits, then the site owner introduced the 1000 points draw giving members the opportunity to buy extra points so they were in all the draws including the new 1000 points draw, it cost me £7.50 to be in the 1000 points draw and so far I have won it 3 times winning me £150, not a bad investment really.
    There are currently 55 members in the 1000 points draw (obviously we are still in the other draws) so the chances of winning again are high.
    Why not join up, the odds on winning are still good, the more active members the better the prizes.
    Of course I wouldn't recommend you upgrading to the 1000 points draw, Oh no, definitely not, I want to keep the 1 in 55 chance of winning £50, good luck!
  • It won't let me post a link but Google "doblotto previous winners" (admittedly there's no link on the site)
  • rb2222lb
    rb2222lb Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Been in it for 2 years ish and have around 530 points

Won £20:for the 500 points pot at the end of November and paid via PayPal within a few days

So yes it’s still paying

Can’t see the point in paying for extra points though
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I tried to sign up for this when I first saw this post but it wouldn't let me, I can't remember why but it kept saying something wasn't right ... I sent them a message on Twitter and never got a reply, so MEH to them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure