The Money Diet, Updated, Discussion Area

Comments

• dora37
    dora37 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Judi wrote:
    No chance, i am multi talented, i can vaccuum with one hand and hold a book in another. ;)

Only us women can multi task though! ;)
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Money Saving Expert
    On the price. Actually the Amazon price is due to rise soon, the £3.99 is special for this offer - after that it goes up. However it can't be done in split pricing. Anyone who happened on the nromal amazon link would get it at 3.99 for the moment, but not early. Then again Amazon's publicity for the book doesn't start till december, so not many people will be grabbing it by that route

martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • student100
    student100 Posts: 1,059
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote:
    Then again Amazon's publicity for the book doesn't start till december, so not many people will be grabbing it by that route

Apart from the fact that MSEers have made it Amazon's No 1 book in the Hot 100, so it appears top of the list on their home page...
    student100 hasn't been a student since 2007...
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Money Saving Expert
    true enough student100, but i doubt that generates that many sales sadly!
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • carol_a_3
    carol_a_3 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    I too had an expected delivery date of early December after I ordered it along with another book which was available immediately. But I ignored the date as Martin advised and today had an e-mail to say that they have been dispatched so...keep the faith!!
  • Avogirly
    Avogirly Posts: 751
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yipee! Got mine today, so have an action packed evening tonight! I think I'll snuggle up with a glass of wine.

OK, prepare eyes for some manic reading!!!
    October make £10/day currently £11.02
  • I wonder if there will be any way of knowing how many sales came via the links here, on MSE? are there any guesses being offered?
  • KarenM wrote:

I'm going to send my previous version out into the the world with Bookcrossing - www.bookcrossing.com

I sent my previous version out to a new owner too - but I don't have such altrusitic scruples I'm afraid - :o - I sold it on Amazon for £2.99 :o

I had a deal with myself that I couldn't buy the new book unless I sold the old one first, so I put it up on Amazon as soon as Martin mentioned it last week, I had a buyer within 20 minutes so I felt justified in putting in the order for my new book.
    I actually bought the old version second hand from Amazon too - I'd love to say that I made a profit on the complete transaction but I didn't, I'm about 50 pence down on the deal, but all in all, taking into consideration the savings I gleaned from the old book and what I'll save with the new book I can't really complain....another embarassed smilie is called for here :o
  • Shawz
    Shawz Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    I think mine must be coming via snail mail.....

Items dispatched on 10 Nov 2005:
    arrow_subordinate.gif Delivery estimate: 30 Nov 2005 - 1 Dec 2005 :eek:

:rotfl:
    Looking to raise some money ;)
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just had another e-mail, mine's on it's way :j
    Bulletproof
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors