Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 1st Jan 19, 3:36 PM
    • 10,384Posts
    • 52,678Thanks
    Mooloo
    I will cut my coat according to my cloth. Mooloo 2019
    • 1st Jan 19, 3:36 PM
    I will cut my coat according to my cloth. Mooloo 2019 1st Jan 19 at 3:36 PM
    As I am a Seamstress, and this year is about my sorting out my life and changing my direction, finally loosing the family debts etc perhaps the title is the most apt I can come up with this year.
    Here is to 2019 and a frugal year to change my direction so that I can rebuild my dreams in the next year.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
Page 23
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 19th Mar 19, 7:07 AM
    • 10,384 Posts
    • 52,678 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Once again I was awake far too early. My eyes don't feel bright eyed and nor do I feel bushy tailed! But once I woke needing the bathroom I couldn't sleep my brain is too active and it's always active in my dreams as well!
    So I fast forwarded the teasmade and am having a cuppa.
    I have checked my bank balances, and have managed, for now to add to my savings pots. So one has 650 and the other 500 at the moment. I may have to use them later but for now I am trying to put away as much as I can. I haven't taken any wages this year from work but I have bought a few things paying with PayPal from the business so that will be classed as my drawings. I am deliberately keeping things in savings as much as I can on my personal finance and trying to clear the business overdraft as soon as I can on the other hand.
    Not quite hitting target everyday but it is slowly improving.
    Next door told me in April he will be getting a digger to do the trench into my garden to get the water reconnected so he will do the area for my workshop if I show him where I want it. I plan to pace out an area tomorrow. However much as I would like to have used the top end of the garden it has obviously been used as a dumping ground before my time and it is too much work and expense to dig up. I may just have to have the workshop closer to the house. Which may have its advantages.
    I will get as big an area concreted as I can afford and then I can save again for the actual building like we did with the drive, although in the end Mum helped me with that. But I want to do this myself rather than borrowing from Mum.
    I am happy to start in my front room now that I have the place rearranged etc
    Meetings with Social this morning. I hope that DS is going to be ok, as I know despite what he says to me he is not totally ready to abandon the gf and I will struggle not to say anything about the situation. At least I can say that the boys were happy and clean when they arrived.
    Time to get up and get moving.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • emilyshah
    • By emilyshah 19th Mar 19, 7:16 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    emilyshah
    Following you
    subscribe the post to check the latest updates
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 19th Mar 19, 9:31 AM
    • 2,653 Posts
    • 25,003 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Well done on the savings pot , things have come a long way this year .

If your son is serious about seeking support and you have a chance to speak to him alone before the meeting it would be worth asking if he would admit the difficulties or allow you to along with you pointing out those things that have improved .

As you say he isn't at the point of parting from the gf but one way or another they both need to engage with any help that may be available to them whether they end up staying together or not .

As you ,I and others knew the little ones were returned too soon and a lot of issues remain . You can state the positives but also make it clear both parents need help and family aren't trained to provide that .
    Good luck

pollyx
    • hb2
    • By hb2 19th Mar 19, 9:58 AM
    • 254 Posts
    • 576 Thanks
    hb2
    I'm afraid I have never heard of Mrs Hinch and, from what you have said, I don't think that is a bad thing! I don't do social media much, rarely visit FB and am not on Twitter. Get a look while you can - a real, live dinosaur!

Mooloo, I hope today goes as it should.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 19th Mar 19, 3:27 PM
    • 2,877 Posts
    • 4,516 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    my Nan always wore an overall, on top of her clothes.Not sure if it's a Northern thing though
    Originally posted by candygirl
    Both my mum & grandma in Yorkshire wore nylon overalls whilst doing the housework, and a pinny (apron) for baking.
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 19th Mar 19, 6:37 PM
    • 10,384 Posts
    • 52,678 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Exhausted.
    Long meeting. I managed to stay behind after DS and GF left and speak my concerns. Social worker made notes. Rang a contact and asked what help is available for abused men who have the children can get.
    Gave us a number, I text it to Biggest. Biggest told DS when he collected baby from her and contacted them apparently. Fingers crossed that he is going to follow through. I don't care if my house becomes over crowded. He needs to protect those children.
    My Seamstress had a personality transplant today and was way out of order. She was obviously unhappy about being left in the shop on her own. I told her that she needed to go home, calm down and come back fresh Thursday. That in future I will get her help or close.
    She got uppity because a customer complained that her alterations wasn't right, which they weren't but she (Seamstress)wasn't having anything to do with her work, it is my fault for doing the fitting. So I said that's my problem not hers. What is done is done, I am going to try to fix it, but doubt that I can, and I told the client that if I cannot fix it then I will replace it. (Dread to know how much that costs-), but I reiterate it was my problem, so not to worry, it was my choice to ask her to do the alterations and if I am not stressing, the customer was nice, why does she have to get on her high horse.
    ( well actually probably because she didn't actually do it right and she knew it!)
    Sleep on it. Fresh eyes in the morning. But today I could quite easily shut the door and never go back.
    But of course I will be back at it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Mooloo; Today at 6:39 PM.
    • choccymoose
    • By choccymoose 19th Mar 19, 7:16 PM
    • 480 Posts
    • 3,199 Thanks
    choccymoose
    Mooloo, part time working mummy on face book does a lot of work with DA victims both male and female and me be another source of support for you, she has so many contacts and so much knowledge.

Choccy
    'we don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing'

• pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 19th Mar 19, 7:28 PM
    • 2,653 Posts
    • 25,003 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    What a day Mooloo! Well done for letting the sw know your concerns . Time to see what support is offered to DS . If it sounds helpful I'd advise him to engage and stick with it . You only have a certain amount of time to help him turn things around as if he doesn't get with the programme offers of help will dry up . So a bit last chance saloon .

It really is good you decided to set up at home soon Reading your account you handled the problem at the shop in a polite and professional way and reassured the customer . However although I hope it wont come to replacement and you can rectify the work staff isn't helping in these situations . Everyone can make a mistake but she needs to own up and not go on the defensive . Sometimes I wonder where you get your patience from .

In your shoes I'd have a warm bath and an early night .
    pollyx
    Last edited by pollyanna 26; Today at 7:31 PM. Reason: advise not advice!
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 19th Mar 19, 8:12 PM
    • 10,384 Posts
    • 52,678 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I am going to bed Now!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,730Posts Today

8,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Should the contactless payment limit be increased? If so, to what? Pls vote in this week's MSE site poll... https://t.co/xpGaKlS5Mr

• No its completely wrong. Your contract is with the shop that you bought it off. The staff at o2 should be better? https://t.co/GXVXHvPkZv

• PLS SHARE - WARNING DO NOT USE VIAGOGO. A group of MPs have today echo'd my own warning about the secondary tick? https://t.co/ZUvKRq3MeS

• Follow Martin