Pay per hour.

I work for an agency but the employer I work for is offering permanent employment. The salary is £24,415 per year. That's for a 42.5 hour week with 30 minutes each day unpaid. What would the hourly rate be? I understand that a year isn't quite 52 weeks. I'll be thankful for any advice on how to work this out as precisely as possible. Thanks.

Comments

• Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ader1 wrote: »
    I work for an agency but the employer I work for is offering permanent employment. The salary is £24,415 per year. That's for a 42.5 hour week with 30 minutes each day unpaid. What would the hourly rate be? I understand that a year isn't quite 52 weeks. I'll be thankful for any advice on how to work this out as precisely as possible. Thanks.

Are you including the 30 mins unpaid in the 42.5 per week?

How many hours per week are you paid for?

I would just multiply that by 52 for your total number of paid hours per year, and divide your annual salary by the number of paid hours for an hourly rate.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The easiest way is just to take 52 x 40, so 2080, giving you a rough hourly wage of £11.73 which would be paid year round including your annual leave.

I don’t think anyone’s gonna go more precise for you for free ��
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    52 is near enough.

You can also use 260 or 261work days on a 5 day week.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,453 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    edited 19 March 2019 at 9:09PM
    £11.7379807692 per hour as near as makes no difference. The calculation is simple. 24,415 / 40 hours per week / 52 weeks per year.
    As you say, a year isn't actually 52 weeks but it's close enough for the purpose of this calculation.
  • Ader1
    Ader1 Posts: 420 Forumite
    Masomnia wrote: »
    Are you including the 30 mins unpaid in the 42.5 per week?

How many hours per week are you paid for?

I would just multiply that by 52 for your total number of paid hours per year, and divide your annual salary by the number of paid hours for an hourly rate.

No....so really it's for a 40 hour week. Sorry to needlessly complicate things.
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ader1 wrote: »
    No....so really it's for a 40 hour week. Sorry to needlessly complicate things.

No worries, so yes as per KW's post, £11.73.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure