TUI Online booking problems

Comments

• [/I very much doubt that the CEO of the TUI Group, based in his office in Hanover, is going to deal with your issue. He will have better things to doQUOTE]

Nothing wrong with this in principle, although it should be dealt with at UK level.

I emailed a complaint to the head person here a couple of years - it was delegated to a senior member of staff to resolve.
  • I booked a holiday via the firstchoice website which is operated by TUI and guess what? After entering my card payment details I received a message saying we could not process your payment due to some technical error! But the worst part is that TUI took the money out from my account straightaway! Consequently, I'm unable to book another holiday until I receive my money back! I'm so disgusted as I couldn't get through their customer service! After a horrible couple of months my family has been through I wanted to take my son out on a well deserved holiday and this what I get.
    I should have read all the bad reviews and reputation this company has received and should have done some in-depth research before I booked with them. Apparently a lot of people have been gone through the same where there were technical issues with the website and TUI did not refund their money. If I will not get refunded tomorrow I will take further steps and will contact the papers. I have already spoken to my best friend's husband who is a lawyer and he is happy to assist. This is absolutely unacceptable.
  • As per my previous comment, the same happened to me. Has nothing to do with technical error from your end as the internet is full of the same issue reported by customers about TUI's website.
    Thank God I was quick enough to take some screenshot of the 'technical issue' error. Apparently, TUI does this all the time and when you finally get through to customer services they will ask you to pay extra money if you want to book the holiday, excuse is that the ticket price has gone up...yeah right, just rip-off.
  • Hansolo
    Hansolo Posts: 1 Newbie
    My daughter booked holiday with TUI in March. She noticed her booking cancelled when she saw refund in her account. No email notification. I spoke with manager in TUI and he managed to reinstate her holiday. Today she got an email of online cancellation which she hadn!!!8217;t done and she has lost all her money. Wonder anyone had similar problem with Thomson.
  • ttoli
    ttoli Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    One issue that the TUI website does suffer from is not liking autofill, I work for a Tour Operator in Cyprus and we've noticed that when we use auto fill (email address, card details etc ), we have problems with the reservation , so now enter all info manually without problems to date.
  • Has any had a resolution to this, it happened to me last night. Ive just came of the phone with TUI who said that the holiday can be booked today for an extra £350 PER PERSON... or that my money which was taken in payment for my original holiday will take 3-5 working days to go back into my account
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    what sort of resolution are you looking for?
    being able to pay the old price? - unlikely to happen (t&cs will confirm this can happen)
    get hold dropped off your card quicker that 3-5 working days? - speak to your card company
  • DuffMan
    DuffMan Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 19 September 2019 at 3:34PM
    Same happened to us one month ago, payment pending and on calling up price increased but stood our ground in store and got the holiday at original price but had to pay before receiving refund for first payment!
    Then My daughter booked a holiday this Monday and guess what, same issue, payment pending and wanted an additional £500 on top of the £2500 already paid. Told there was a technical issue and they wouldn't budge and given options of refund or pay the increase. You would need to be a fool to attempt the same again and be left with double the funds pending. Refund still not received a week later meaning she doesn't have funds to re book with another operator.

Disgraceful behavior from TUI, not only unethical I'm pretty sure it cannot be legal either - the last time we will use them.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well i would not worry too much as Maricela,s lawyer is going to sort it out! not!
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • I have had the same issue last night . Payment is in suspense at my bank. Tui customer service (joke) not answering the phone just a message saying technical difficulties. How can this keep happening?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure