Council tax overpaid

2»

Comments

• ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Phoenix91 wrote: »
    Im not asking anyone to debate the name. Are you really that idiotic? I poeted here asking for advice. It is understood what it is even if the name is changed i dont give a !!!!. The thing remains the same and unless you are dense when i say council tax overpayment i owe then surely that leaves very little options to what it is? Im not wanting to argue the title. It progresses the actual issue none.

If you need me to spell it out and take issue with not caring with what it is called then you probably aren't equipped to assist.

I trust that is simple enough for you?

Seems to me that you are the idiotic one.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Going to prison is out of the question. Id rather be homeless. Thats easy ive done it before. Paying off when my situation is better sure but im just concerned about being stripped of the savings ill have between jobs and left to starve.
    then TALK to the council, not an internet forum

you have been overpaid "benefits". The council, and we the taxpayer, expect that money to be clawed back since you were not entitled to it.

how the council will go about that, and what impact it has on your short to medium term future in terms of possible CCJ and wrecked ability to ever get credit again is down to how you behave towards them.

naturally if you do not want to go to prison then you want to pay, in which case agreeing payment terms is the only course of action you need concern yourself with.

if you haven't got it now, you will in the future, in which case a payment plan will be the obvious solution, Make sure you understand the consequences of breaking such a plan - eg: attachment of earnings order, bailiffs seize goods , prison etc
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Perhaps if you had read? Council tax and housing benefit. Both i was overpaid due to a change in my wages last year that i thought they were already aware of.

What is so difficult to understand? I work under 16 hours so receive both.

What's difficult to understand is that you never said what had been overpaid until now. Anyway, your attitude to people trying to help you means that I'm out, and I expect many other people will also decline to assist you.
  • At the time of posting asking the council directly was impossible due to the time. Was an idea to see if anyone here had any insight.

As for not stating what it was? I clearly did atleast twice, sorry you lacked the mental capacity to assess what i said. I said council tax benefits which to my understanding where i am still applies, and also to my understanding is easy to understand even if its name has been changed, easy to deduce what i must be referring to instead of me needing to waste time drawing it in crayons.

As for how they could get it back. I have no property. No earnings soon any money they did take between my situations would mean they would be forcing me into starving which surely they legally cannot.

Anyway, i expected this forum to be helpful but as with all forums and some people in general it is filled with openly toxic idiots. Id honestly rather not waste my time drawing in crayon if some people cannot work something simple out

Im sure ill work it out
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 March 2019 at 10:09AM
    Have read posts and your reaction to advice. Glad I never bothered to take up any of my time to offer help.

I'm quite postive though that you truly deserve to be where you are in life you have really worked hard at your skills to get there.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Perhaps if you had used the title Council Tax SUPPORT overpaid we would have understood you..... I started off wondering how anyone could overpay their council tax.
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    JGB1955 wrote: »
    Perhaps if you had used the title Council Tax SUPPORT overpaid we would have understood you..... I started off wondering how anyone could overpay their council tax.

If OP had put the rather garbled initial posts into the correct part of the forum "Benifits" rather than mistakenly on here it might have helped as well?
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    OP you need to be clear in your opening post, we can't read the letter from here.

Suggest you contact citizens advice bureaux and engage with them, rather than strangers on the internet who you don't like their replies which you don't want to hear
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport