How long to clear Grantley Adams Airport Barbados

Options
We are flying in from Miami in July & landing at about 21:15 Hours.

Does anyone have any experience of clearing immigration, customs & collecting suitcases? and how long it roughly takes.

Been reading many mixed reviews about the Airport & the length of time it takes

We will be picking a hire car up & reading the small print if you do not arrive by the agreed time you may lose the rental

Thanks
Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have arrived into BGI on both the Virgin Atlantic flights and also the British Airways ones. Passport control can be a bit of a bottle neck and depending when you deplane it has either been me one of the first through or about a 20-30 minute wait. Baggage reclaim and customs never been an issue. I have either been in a taxi or at the car rental office within about 20-45 minutes after aircraft doors open.

I would check the car rental office opening times for your arrival time and make sure they have your flight details. The airport is small enough for them to check arrival times and for any delays.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hire company already know what time we are supposed to land & I have said we will pick up the car at 22:30
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • lesta1980
    lesta1980 Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    steve1500 wrote: »
    We are flying in from Miami in July & landing at about 21:15 Hours.

Does anyone have any experience of clearing immigration, customs & collecting suitcases? and how long it roughly takes.

Been reading many mixed reviews about the Airport & the length of time it takes

We will be picking a hire car up & reading the small print if you do not arrive by the agreed time you may lose the rental

Thanks

Depends what other planes have landed, I've landed there just after a UK flight and been right at the back and waited about 30 mins but then I've landed at other times and just walked straight through. They do tend to have a lot of people on duty on the desks. As the above poster said, customs and bag collection are normally fine
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure