Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• so_very_confused
    Options
    I was wondering why this was happening. Talktalk again.......I must change provider.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    warby68 wrote: »
    Yes, same here.

Hopefully it will get fixed soon although the email from Prolific wasn't overly optimistic was it?

I did email them back. They replied they are working to resolve the issue and have also advised me to contact talktalk as well.

Have you spoken to talktalk?
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Are all you TalkTalk customers using the 'workaround' described yesterday? (Under the Homesafe thingy on my TalkTalk account, turn off Scam Protection)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 March 2019 at 2:06PM
    Options
    Are all you TalkTalk customers using the 'workaround' described yesterday? (Under the Homesafe thingy on my TalkTalk account, turn off Scam Protection)

I've been running my TalkTalk broadband for 2 days now with Scam Protection turned off and haven't experienced any obvious scam type occurrences. Prolific is back to working as normal for me. Do at your own risk tho!

(Lots of posts on the TalkTalk Community forum about the efficacy of Homesafe and it's various options including Scam Protection)
  • Miró
    Options
    kiwi07 wrote: »
    I did email them back. They replied they are working to resolve the issue and have also advised me to contact talktalk as well.

Have you spoken to talktalk?

I contacted TalkTalk on Live Chat 3 days ago and they decided they couldn't help and I needed to phone their help line. Didn't get any joy from phoning the help line as the conversation just kept going round in circles til I gave up. :(
  • kiwi07
    edited 15 March 2019 at 3:00PM
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    I contacted TalkTalk on Live Chat 3 days ago and they decided they couldn't help and I needed to phone their help line. Didn't get any joy from phoning the help line as the conversation just kept going round in circles til I gave up. :(

Exactly the same story here, their chat service could not help and advised to ring their CS.

Checked that my scam protection is on but when I wanted to turn it off, said I had to ring their CS. Did you manage to turn it off yourself?
  • Miró
    Options
    Exactly the same story here, their chat service could not help and advised to ring their CS.

Checked that my scam protection is on but when I wanted to turn it off, said I had to ring their CS. Did you manage to turn it off yourself?

Yea I was able to do it easily......????

TalkTalk site
    My Account
    My Services
    View Homesafe Services
    Scam Protection (toggle on or off) (2nd Option down out of 4, under the KidsSafe thingy)

Hope this helps
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Your perception of age (F)
    Hosted by Jonathan Millward
    £0.425 minutes £5.04/hr 91 places remaining
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • kiwi07
    edited 15 March 2019 at 10:47PM
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    Yea I was able to do it easily......????

TalkTalk site
    My Account
    My Services
    View Homesafe Services
    Scam Protection (toggle on or off) (2nd Option down out of 4, under the KidsSafe thingy)

Hope this helps

I has a Virus Alerts as on so turned it off. May be this? it was 3rd option out of 4. But My Scam Protection is still on. When I press to change to Off it comes up as I have to contact their CS.
  • Miró
    edited 15 March 2019 at 11:50PM
    Options
    I has a Virus Alerts as on so turned it off. May be this? it was 3rd option out of 4. But My Scam Protection is still on. When I press to change to Off it comes up as I have to contact their CS.

How very strange!!

My HomeSafe page shows:-

Kids Safe OFF
    Scam protection OFF
    Homework Time OFF
    Virus Alerts OFF

Before the Prolific problem started the only one that I had switched ON was the Scam Protection and I was able to switch it to OFF with no problems.

Gawd.....bliddy TalkTalk :mad:

Here's what TT say on their help pages about switching off parts of Homesafe:-

"To keep you safe online we strongly recommend you keep Homesafe switched on, however, should you need to switch it off for any reason, follow the steps below.

Select View HomeSafe settings from the My services drop down menu bar
    Here it will show you what is currently turned on/off.
    Choose your area’s to switch off next to any of the three options. For Kids Safe, you'll see a prompt asking if you're sure you want to switch it off. Simply click the blue button (Turn Kidsafe OFF) to confirm, and allow a few minutes for your changes to take effect."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback