24/7 Home Rescue Scam - They break your boiler and ask you to pay for a new one

I hardly post reviews but this time I've decided to reveal the truth behind this company.
I took 2 policies with 24/7 Home Rescue Company 09849245 , 1 of the policy was under my wife's name.

I phoned to book a Free annual service and a gas certificate - They asked me to pay £60 upfront as a security? Never mind I paid the £60 and they said I will have to wait for a call back from their booking department, when they finally called back after a few hours they said that the engineer will attend between 8am and 5pm and a time slot could not be booked. I had to get a day off from work. On the day the engineer called at 14:30 to say that he was on his way , at the time I was at the shop down the road and we agreed to meet at 15:00. When I got there at exactly 15:00 he wasn't there, I phoned 24/7 and they told me that he apparently waited 30 mins and couldn't wait any longer, They then asked £30 to re book the service again! Never mind

When I booked the second appointment the office said they'll book him between 8am and 1pm - Guess what ? He turned up at 2pm.
The boiler was working fine and all I wanted was a service , he then started quoting me for a new boiler? I said to him , there's nothing wrong with my boiler and spending money on a new one is the last thing on my mind, but then says that because of the age of the boiler I will need a new one soon? I replied and told him that's why I got the cover boiler insurance in the first place, he really insisted on fitting a new one. He starting adjusting things inside the boiler which I've never seen during a boiler service and I've had a lot of them before. As soon as he left, the boiler had a red light on - I tried to reset it but no luck - now left with no hot water and heating.

I called the company again, I clearly asked not to send the same engineer again for the reasons above and I clearly asked them to fix what they broke! Guess what? The same engineer turns up! This time he said he can't revert back what he changed because he lost his Allen keys, so he decides to adjust the gas valve with wood drill bit?
20 minutes later he says that it needs a new gas valve and that he'll order the part.
After he leaves I get a phone call saying the the part comes up to £300 and that it is beyond uneconomical repair!

So my wife also booked a service a day before this one at a different property, brand new boiler fitted by Ideal a few months ago but somehow 24/7 Home rescue keeps calling me saying there's something wrong with the boiler and I need to pay £500!

I have now decided to take the company to court - yes it will be costly but I will claim back all cost against them, as clearly they are a scam, They either break things to then try to charge you for it or find something wrong to charge you if it's not broken!

I have video evidence of the engineer admitting that every time he touches the boiler that he breaks it and that he was using the wrong tool on the gas valve because he lost his Allen key.

There's a lot more that's happened in between but I'd rather not as I'd be here all night. One of the example is after booking the service they'll call you 100 times to try to sell you chemical inhibitor at £80. Both me and my wife got many phones calls for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure