Oofy omtimistic Octobers NSD challange.

Comments

• Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    As predicted, not a NSD today as mucho spending-o has been taking place (life would be so much easier if we didn't have to eat, or if certain persons who shall remain nameless were not finicky and fussy about their food).

Apricity - focus on your wedding plans and your relationship with your soon-to-be-spouse. You will know which members of your family you can trust, and the rest can go forth and multiply.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Yesterday was spendy.Today will be spendy too.... :o
  • How do you all define a NSD? Do you include budgeted food/petrol as a spend?

I'm just not sure how to work somethings out. There are things I have already budgeted for that I put the money to one side until payment is due. These include food/petrol spends, extra curricular activities etc

I have a budget for many things and budgeted spends don't count ie groceries and cat food/ litter, unless I go over.
    All bills and dds don't count as they're essential.Bus travel and swimming don't count either.HTH.

It's really what you're comfortable with.
  • ApricityI hope you're feeling better.
  • Right then, thanks for the ideas guys. I have budgeted accounts for different things so I will reevaluate what I class as a NSD.

Yesterday was a NSD, so that's 4/15 accumulated so far.

Today I shall be doing a small food shop, getting petrol and going to the bank to withdraw the funds for my sisters wedding this weekend. We have an appointment at the dentist and then I will be going to pick my sister up tonight, hopefully they will give me some petrol money. Who knows.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • NSD 6/15 today, lunch being paid for and got physio at 7pm but budgeted the cost for this so not counting it :)
  • How do you all define a NSD? Do you include budgeted food/petrol as a spend?

I'm just not sure how to work somethings out. There are things I have already budgeted for that I put the money to one side until payment is due. These include food/petrol spends, extra curricular activities etc
    For me it's trying to cut out frittering and impulse buys so for example if I see a reduced to clear washing powder I allow it, as it'll save me money, but if I bought even a RTC box of chocolates just to eat, that would make it an NSD. Things like petrol don't count for me as they're part of my monthly budget but buying crisps or chocolate at the same time would make an NSD, etc :)
    apricity wrote: »
    thanks , I'm constantly in tears today.
    it just hurts a lot
    So sorry, hope you're feeling better now

Yesterday was day #7 for me, today *should* be 8
  • Checking in with NSD number 6 :)
    Oct NSD 7/15
    Oct £2 per day £41.00/£62.00
    Oct Grocery Challenge £137.54/£250
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    NSD no 9 today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    A busy day at work kept me out of mischief and the moths fast asleep in my purse. Number 7 NSD!
    One life - your life - live it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport