Fare capping could be introduced nationwide under radical proposals from rail firms - MSE News

Weekly fare capping and a 'tap in, tap out' system similar to the one in London could be introduced across Britain, under radical proposals published by rail companies today...
Read the full story:
'Fare capping could be introduced nationwide under radical proposals from rail firms'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• This is a bad idea.It will only lead to higher fares.There may be some benefits for some people but most people will end up paying more for a train ticket.It will be a worse system than what we have now,no question.Some examples of why complaining and wishing for changes don't turn out well:-
    Electricity and gas prices capping.As far as I'm aware this hasn't turned out as well as most thought it would.
    Mortgages,ditto.
    My favourite example,football on pay tv.
    So instead of having to pay hundreds of pounds a year to sky to watch football on telly you now have to pay hundreds of pounds a year to british telecom as well.
  • Will not work until barriers a small stops are manned, and my disabled rail card is linked to my payments!

Cuckoos in the cloud of blue ginger land!
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    This is just going to add more confusion to an already confusing pricing system.

It's hard enough trying to figure out whether I need an "off-peak" ticket or a "super off-peak" one.

Are people just supposed to tap in-and-out and just let train companies take whatever they think feels like the "right amount" from their bank...?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure