Easyjet Hand Luggage question

We are going to Barcelona with Easyjet next week and are not taking any luggage in the hold. The hand luggage restriction says "one bag" - I intend to take a small suitcase (within their size limits) but also will have a cross-body handbag, is this going to be ok or do they get funny about handbags?

If they do get funny about handbags as well as suitcases in hand luggage, I will try and fit the handbag into the suitcase but then what do I do if they want to put my suitcase in the hold (there being a limit of the number of suitcases that can fit in the cabins) - will they let me keep my handbag on me in those circumstances?

TIA for help/advice.

Comments

• alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    One bag means one bag, not one bag plus a handbag.

Put your handbag in the 1st bag and take it out when you get on the plane.

If the airline wants to gatecheck your bag then remember to take your handbag before handing it over.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,547
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I will try and fit the handbag into the suitcase but then what do I do if they want to put my suitcase in the hold?
    Remove your handbag and any other valuables. Unless all valuables fit in your handbag you can have them and your handbag packed in a plastic carrier bag ready to take out easily. Then that (or your handbag) is your single carry on bag. They don't 'get funny', they just impose the rules.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Put your handbag in your case as 9 times out of 10 you will be told you can't take 2 bags when you are at the gate.

I leave enough room in my hand luggage and stick it in there
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure