Cancelling a timeshare - RCI -not possible -HELP

124»

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ask to be sent details, I am not aware of any major class action but if it exists, deal with the solicitors involved, not agents who may have just bought a mailing list and be 'fishing for business' Legitimate companies do not 'chase' customers, alternatively ask to speak to others within the group. I am afraid that you should generally assume the worst until it is proven otherwise
  • Hello I am going through a company called ITRA which is International Timeshare Refund Action. Waiting at the moment for legal system to pass judgement and hopefully get out of my timeshare situation. Currently with RCI and have not paid my membership up to date - it is now June 2016 and RCI have advised me unless I pay up the membership fee I will be taken to county court. Have been advised by ITRA not to pay this demand.
    Hope information is useful and am willing to keep in contact on this matter.
  • Mmmm Dragging an old thread up. My thoughts are just 2 words barge and pole.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    RCI is an exchange company just tell them you wish to leave it.......
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    you missed out a key piece of information
    - "JLCA charge upfront legal fees of between £5,400 and £18,200. In the event the claim is unsuccessful, there is no refund of fees."
  • i.miah Don'T you understand YOU NEED PERMISSION TO POST.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • The law seems to be changing...and there is now a chance that some of these timeshare contracts are illegal. Anybody had any success, I have a friend who has had a letter from Diamond Resorts saying they are out of their contract.. now waiting for court case in Spain to gain compensation.
    All info would be gratefully received..
  • Sneeze165 wrote: »
    The law seems to be changing...and there is now a chance that some of these timeshare contracts are illegal. Anybody had any success, I have a friend who has had a letter from Diamond Resorts saying they are out of their contract.. now waiting for court case in Spain to gain compensation.
    All info would be gratefully received..

There have been many successes in the last couple of years since the Supreme Court in Spain declared that in-perpretuity contracts and floating weeks Timeshare are illegal, the Timeshare developers know this but still insist on trying to squeeze as much as possible out of owners who want to get out. The decision owners in Spain have to take is to either walk away and write off their Timeshare or engage a Spanish Lawyer with a view to suing the developers for compensation and miss-selling, this obviously involves costs but can result in getting many thousands back. However, there are a lot of scammers that have started up to fleece people out of more money so do your research and check and check again.
  • did you have any luck cancelling your clc membership? i am in the same predicament now and trying to work out what is the best way to go about it.
  • DLaw wrote: »
    did you have any luck cancelling your clc membership? i am in the same predicament now and trying to work out what is the best way to go about it.
    Who is that directed at? This thread started 6 years ago and many of the contributors haven't been active on MSE for some considerable time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure